Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-28-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
someone was looking for some pics of Table Rocks current state. Heres some pics by the Kimberling bridge from Sunday. Bridge is about 15ft from water on the far north where these were taken, couldn't even get the bu under the bridge on the south end of the bridge b/c the tower.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
tj, we saw you cruising the party cove. nice boat.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-28-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
How was the water? Muddy or fairly clear? Temp? Was there lots of debre in the water?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
paul, fairly clear and water temp was around 74. some debris but not bad.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
I think the water was very good. I did not see any debris at all. Water temp was around 70 were I was. It was so hot Sunday the water did not feel cool at all. I think I saw your Orange Mastercraft at the swing but there was like 5 Mastercrafts together and I did not wanna roll up in a Malibu...lol

I will post some pics when I get home.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-28-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
insuranceman i definately saw you guys in big cow/party cove, didn't know it was you though. awesome MC dude. everyone in my boat was like, whoa, i like that boat.

did you get hasseled by water patrol for something? saw 3 of those fools in there bothering people.

water was okay, very little debris- few small sticks.

had a hell of a time with my anchors. first time i've used them. they were all tangled up. then they weren't holding for crap. then a friend in an LSV tied up but didn't drop an anchor and we almost drifted into a 40 sea ray.

after we got the anchors reset everything was great....for like an hour then the storm moved in.

fun weekend, i'll be making the trek several times this summer i'm sure. (my 454 dually took $111.00 in gas on the way down and $75 on the way back.)
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
eric, i never went over by the swing on the west side of kimberling city bridge. we did go to big cow one day. the guy standing on the houseboat with the euro shorts and captains hat was funnier than heck. he kept mooning the girls on my boat.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
I got to ask you guys since you were in cow creek about the chick fight. Thats the only thing people were talking about in the dock during the storm about the chick fight at cow creek.

TJ,
Did you use your hippity hops? Mine were awesome. Also, Bass Pro has a anchor line of 150 feet for 30 bucks. It comes with a spoil and everything to wind it up and release it.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
tj, no they didn't mess with us at all. it looked like they took a guy off the x10

yeah, kept wondering if you were going to stop by..

eric, we didn't see the fight but it would not suprise me.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
When is it expected to be back to normal? I am going on a week trip there and staying in Cape Fair; is it any better or worse that far north?
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-28-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
Corp is saying that it might be August before its back to normal pool.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-28-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
saw the guy on top of the houseboat...looked like a fun time. they must have been early 20s, one guy had a backpack full of booze!

didn't see the chick fight, but heard the music stop and some loud yelling "get the eff off my boat", that might have been it, but i was in the water behind the boats and didn't see what was happening.

water was colder than hell still.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-28-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
haha TJ if you think its cold now you should have been in it in March!!!
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-28-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
i know, right?

dude i was shocked when i kept looking down at my depth 126....311....400

i kept glancing down to see my gauges then looking back and staring at that!

my lake is like 33 ft in most all places, and 12ft in my cove by my dock. just tripped me out to be that deep of water.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
Ok so I ride a river and I know when it floods its bad news and nothing but dangerous to go out on it. Is it the same for TRL or is it fine to go out on it?
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
Had a fun time on Table Rock. Learned a lesson to not invite too many drunks on your new Malibu cause you are constantly watching everything on your boat. I tried wakeskating for the first time an its alot harder than I thought it would be. Overall pretty good time. Lake was up but I had no problems with anything. TJ, nice looking boat. We need to meet up a little longer next time.

Pic from our condo looking at the bridge in Kimberling City. Notice the tree under water.
Upload

If you dont have a Fiesta Island this is the one reason to get it. It is a great investment for anyone that ever ties up and hangs out. Only thing that sucks is deflating it and packing it away. Thanks Mox for introducing me to the Fiesta, I love it!!!
Upload

The world famous HIppity Hops from toys r us hard at work. They are great and only 8 bucks.
Upload

This is what the swing looked like over the weekend.
Upload
Old     (wamp98)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-28-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
Thats cause you are a wuss Den. A few logs never hurt anybody.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
I think your lower unit would disagree....remember the log from last year?
Old     (wamp98)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-28-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
yeah yeah. whats a few bucks. Changed to the stainless prop to just shred the logs now!