Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-21-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
Looking for anyone that had the chance to ride the new 08 Murray or Sub6 at the Surf Expo? I know a few got invited to try the new gear. So I was hoping to hear about their thoughts and opinions. Possibly thinking of getting the 08 Murray, or go pick up the 08 Marius.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-21-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
I'm interested how the Murray is now that he went to a 3 stage rocker.
Old    sealyon.net            09-21-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Well I got to ride the Murray, but the fins had been taken off before I got there and ......well it edged good on my heel but on the toe side I could'nt keep it under me.
anyway there were a few others in the boat that flat loved it. The canterd foot bed made it a very comfy board to stand on. The ribs on the bottom are gone this year, and the ends have a slight curve to them so that the board doesn't drag in the water as bad. It's going to retail for $600. Oh yeah it is very light this year.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-21-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
Lyon...thanks for the update. Did it have the Murray/ sub6 boots on the board as well? I wonder if the center fin was on, if toeside would have been better? Either way...looks like I am going to take a shot at it. I have it on order. The only bad thing is...Hype is saying mid to late October for delivery. H2O is going to be cold by then here in Michigan...Bummer! We'll see...might brave it and get a run on it anyway...my buddy John has a tradition to go out on Halloween...might join him this year.
Old    sealyon.net            09-22-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
Scott Yes it had the new murray boots on it, and they were very comfy. They also have removable stiffeners on the sides so you can make them looser if you want to.
I have the 07 murray and it rides good with the fin on. With it being their loosest board my sales rep. was surprised the fins were off. Any way hyp. has some great gear this year.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-22-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
Lyon..
thanks again for the info. Looks like Hype will be the Hype with their new line up this year. Lots of buzz on Slingshot as well. Have to try that gear before buying for sure. No one is carrying it locally, so makes me a little nervous to purchase if I decide I don't care for it. Lyon did you get any pics of the new Hype gear while at Expo. I have seen some various pics. But looking for more detailed pics of the gear.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-23-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
i got to ride the sub6. definately an extremely light board. rides similar to 3ds but since its lighter it sits up on the water higher and is a little faster. getting use to such a light board under your feet is different also when doing inverts
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-24-2007, 5:11 AM Reply   
Billy e....I know what you mean about going to a lighter board. I am riding the Ronix Frontier and it skates so much easier on the water than my other boards. Takes a little to get use to. When you land and think your going to stick it...it decides to zip out from underneath you and puts you on your butt. But man, once you get use to the board and it's handling...you can do so much more. So I think the Sub6 will be worth the extra loot. I heard that it was going to be limited production. so if anyone that rides it and likes it...you better grab it and go. Because once they are sold out....they will not make anymore for the season.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-24-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
any detailed pics of either of these boards yet? Or the new hyperlite murray bindings?
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
There are a couple of pics here:

http://web.mac.com/wakestuff/iWeb/Wakestuff.co.uk/Expo%20Pics.html
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-24-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
Yup....thats my next board....the Murray with those white bindings. 140 deck is the size I am going with which is mainly grey with a black triangle. Cannot wait to ride it!
Old    sealyon.net            09-24-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
Didn't get any pics at expo, Sorry.If you get to look at a murray up close,look at the pin stripes. They are small words or phrases ( couldn't see them that good)
Billy, wish I had more time to try out the sub-6, I love the 3DS I'm sure I would have liked it.