Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-19-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
Have a 2000 MC with a Clarion Stereo and 4 Clarion Speakers. Problem is that the stereo appears to be working fine (plays a CD, changes radio stations), but I'm getting zero sound out of the speakers. No static, white noise, nothing...complete silence as if they're not even getting power.

Any ideas on what might be the problem (no...its not on MUTE...already checked). Could be a faulty speaker harness plug into the back of the stereo or maybe came disconnected?

Thanks.
Old     (jdrcrew8)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-19-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
I just had to replace my Clarion deck on my '04 MC. My cockpit speakers were working but tower speakers weren't. I tested continuity all the way up my tower and found it was powered fine. There were RCA cables behind my deck and I could get the tower speakers on but then the cockpit speakers were out.

Long story short it was a bad channel on the deck. Talk to a clarion dealer. Car Toys told me it was unfixable and tried to sell me a new deck. I got a factory refurbished Clarion deck from Stereo King(thanks! for anyone who may be associated with them) for significantly less and it is the exact same one I had.

Mine was the same way, it seemed to be working fine but no cracking or any noise out of the tower speakers.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-19-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Test the speakers to make sure they work first. Is there an amp pushing the speakers or are they connected directly to the headunit? If the speakers work, adn there is no amp in the equation, your HU is bad.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-19-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
Fitz and Adam...thanks for answering my post. There is no amp in the equation that I know of (its a factory install with the basic single disc marine clarion receiver driving four 6.5" cockpit clarion speakers...no upgrades at all). So I assume the speakers are just driven off of the 39 x 4 watts power that the system has on its own.

The system worked fine a few days ago. Then all of the sudden, sound didn't come out of the speakers when I turned the boat back on, but the headunit was working.

What is the best way to check that the speakers work...volt meter?