Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2006, 5:35 AM Reply   
damn Alex, you were up later than me last night..

Oh and JB, if you'd rather not have your picture in that graphic I can certainly just make you into a silhouette..
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-11-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
Here's another, I would have posted last night...but I fell asleep!

Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-11-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
and for the record I do like Justins!

impunity...nice that's the SAT word of the day!
im·pu·ni·ty
Pronunciation Key (m-pyn-t)
n. pl. im·pu·ni·ties

Exemption from punishment, penalty, or harm.

Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-11-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
kg- Are you heading down to Avalon this weekend- If so look for me out in the shoe, or I will be down for the whole weekend, so if you see my dad and I working on the boat feel free to say whats up.

Doug
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-11-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
While I am stoked to be the person in the shot, Justin I gotta say that is a cool logo no matter who is in the photo! Great job!
I know someone on the west coast that will give us a competitive price on getting some shirts made up. Let me know and I'll make the call.

Speaking of calls, I made a call to the Bordentown police dept regarding ramp usage and getting the park ok'ed for our use. Here is what I gathered:

Anyone bringing a boat needs to provide a copy of their boat and car registration. It can be done that morning or in advance. Everyone will be driving last teh police station on the way to the boat ramp. Anyone can get their permit in advance at the same building. For more, contact the Bordentown Police Dispach office at 609-298-0103.

As far as getting the park benches and the adjacent area, it is on a first come, first serve basis. I know that I intend to be there before the scheduled 10 AM start, so I will be a part of the early crew staking claim to our Wakefest turf!

More to come...
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-11-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
Did Woody launch his boat and ride, or did he take it up to Ross' marina to his new slip?
(I assume he didn't ride since it was just him and his wife, wearing jeans)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-11-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
Oh man. Now that I look at that picture of me with woody and crew, even though it's a camera bag, it
looks like I'm holding a purse or a pocketbook or something. Oh man.

The t-shirt designs are great. Way better than anything I could ever create. My 2¢? If they're event t-shirts
then I think they need the exact date. Maybe the wakescene and njwakerders web addresses too.

I've had a lot more thoughts about the event now that I have the location in my mind's eye. Are there garbage
cans there or is it a "carry in, carry out" type of park? We may have to consider bringing our own waste
management program.
I'm going to look into having some "Event Staff" polo shirts made for the land based crew. When people show-up
it would be helpful for them to be able to identify the organizers (we ARE the organizers, right? )
I'm also going to look into having some sort of banner made to tie between a couple of trees. I think in
the next couple of weeks I'm going to work a ½ Friday so I can revisit the event area. I want to survey the
site and visualize how things can be set-up. Like JB, I'll get there as early as it takes on June 3rd to
make sure we stake our claim and to get everything set-up to our liking. I wonder how many people
will ultimately end-up coming to this thing. Hey KG: Does Micah have June 3 penciled-in on his pocket calendar?

Finally, here's a shot of JB shmoozing one of the members of the local Bordentown constabulary.
Upload
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-12-2006, 2:51 AM Reply   
Dave, I had to put the boat in to find the water line. The guy that did the bottom paint for me didn't bring it up high enough in the back. I taped it off and have to paint this weekend. Weather and water permitting i'me shooting for next weekend.

Justin, it looks like the 2900lbs ballast system is going to be a reality. I've decided to go ahead and clog up my hole bow and use the open bow sac. Two 750's in the back that should only fill to about 700, 500lbs. in the middle and the bow sac(1000 lbs) = 2900lbs. Oh, and of course one new low end prop, to push the pig around. Whenever your ready to give it a try, let me know. That goes for everybody also.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-12-2006, 6:14 AM Reply   
Good stuff Alex! Let me know what Friday you are taking a ½ day. I will meet up with you to lend a hand and it would also be a good opportunity to get a permit for Event day.

A guy from work told me of way to get to the ramp that is a little easier then going directly through Boardentown:

He says from I-195 go to Rt. 206 south from 206s there is a slip ramp that drops you directly on Park Ave. just above the ramp. Dave, Justin, Michele, Woody, does this sound right?
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
Attention!!!!!

FYI. In this morning copy of the METRO (NYC Free Paper), it announced that the waterpark intended for Randall's Island NYC just passed through the final stage of approval. It's been in the review process since 1999.

Why does anybody care? Oh yeah, the waterpark is going to include a SURFPARK. check out surfparks.com

I spoke with Jamie Mieselman a few times over the last two years, he is a surfer, MIT grad, and founder of the surfpark. they already broke ground in Florida, but they are coming to NYC.

I suggested to Jamie that they look into winches and wakeboarding possibilies. He liked the idea and as of now, is thinking about using winches as a tow-in device in the surf pool.

the site is real nice and explains all the technology and ideas behind the park. you can even vote for a south jersey location.

the waterpark is gonna costs an obscene amount of money, but the surfpark only costs about 10M (i think), so after the Florida park opens successfully, they should be popping up everywhere.

charles

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Eustace, yeah that is correct, it's not necessarily an easier way, but it does work.

Charles, that's awesome! I'd love to vote for a SJ location. I actually heard that a store down in Mt. Laurel, NJ called Black Diamond Mtn Sports took over an old grocery store and were going to put in a wavepool, but I haven't heard anything further on it.

I like that pic of JB and the po-po. I still wish he would have at least put on the lights!!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-12-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Woody,

Sorry I missed you the other day. We'll catch-up soon.

Thinking ahead, anyone want to ride at the end of the month, say April 29th? There are some people getting together out at Blue Marsh Lake from (the other) wakeboard site. I think some of them are foil riders, too. If not there, I'd be up for some river riding in the Delaware.
That would be the soonest weekend for me, too busy for the next 2.

On another topic, just put $75 in the boat today and it's still not full! (Pump shuts off at $75)
Depressing :-(
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-12-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
Dave, count me in…

Thanks Justin, he made it sound like we drove 20 miles out of our way to get to the ramp
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Dave, I'm up for a ride on the boat, probably not going to ride though. (i am a wuss, it's still too cold and i need to get a full suit first.)
I actually posted something in the main threads about gas expecting to be as high as $2.75-$3.00 this summer. UGLY!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-13-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Alex,
About the shirts...I think the site ideas are great...however, as far as the exact date...what if it rains??? then it changes...In regards to your question about the trash, they always have two to three cans around the picnic area...also, I don't mind meeting you guys at Bordentown to check out the scene and brainstorm...I get done work at 3:30 (gotta love the school schedule). That may be too late...just let me know.

Jeff,
Glad to hear you like the design. Justin and I want to try to work on a couple more over the weekend. Hopefully we'll be posting them soon!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-13-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
Ok then Michele, no date on the t-shirts! It's good to know that there are garbage cans there, but
I'll probably have some heavy duty trash bags in the van that day just in case. We may not want to leave TOO much
crap behind or the town may not want us back again. Like the old saying goes (and I'm paraphrasing) when
you visit someplace leave it better than how you found it. Or something like that.

Well, I did some shmoozing and I've succeeded in having two 3' x 10' event banners made for free. The only
trade-off is that they're coming from a beer company and they're going to have some beer logos on them.
I theorize that most of the attendees at this event probably already have a certain fondness for beer,
so I really didn't think this would be a problem.

Finally, remember, this Saturday is the Blast Master 5000 installation party. It's supposed to be 70º
and sunny. It will be a great day for hanging out lagoonside. KG will be there, Justin & Michele will be
there, Doreen & Connor will be there, and maybe even Pops Lef!
Work beins at 10:00am.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-13-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
Alex, Good luck with the blastmaster this sat.
Better install 2 more batteries to keep the tunes cranking in august! :-)

Justin, You can borrow my new full suit at the end of the month. I'm dying to see you ride!
Maybe we can get Russ out there too with his drysuit.

Man, today's weather got me stoked.....high of 82 in Philly! C'mon river, warm-up!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-14-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
Remember Alex, Inhale …… exhale….. repeat……. You will forget all about the trauma when you’re crankin tunes this summer!

Good luck, BW
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
HAAAAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA....your words Brian, mean nothing to me!

I busted out the Drill Dr. last night for a quick sharpening of all my bits!
I'll say though with a bit of sarcasm (b/c I don't take a lot of things serious, especially myself) that if Alex didn't have confidence in me and my skills, I wouldn't be doing this. And if you've heard my boat, then you understand. And lastly for the record, I only drilled 2 very hidden holes for my entire install. 1 in a vent for the speaker wires, and the other in the tower, and you can't see that anyway when the box is installed.
Here is the reference link for all those calling schenanigans! (I wish we had the smiley with the tongue sticking out...just picture that!)
TOWER-BOX-2003
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-14-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Kevin, that is a sweet install! By no means where any of us taking a shot at you, just having some fun knowing its never easy drilling holes into something so beloved as the boats we own.

You should have seen the looks of horror around the table last Sunday when I shared my cleat install / cracked gel coat story ,,,,,, only comparable to LT breaking Joe Theismann’s leg.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Oh I know Brian all in good fun I don't take the shots personal by any means! and I have no idea what your talking about with drilling holes into our beloved boats, I don't see and issue with drilling into Alex's boat.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-14-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Oh man. All these laughs at my expense. I'm dying here...
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-15-2006, 3:40 AM Reply   
Speaking of drilling holes. I had the biggest needle jammed into my knee yesterday. Ouch. Now If that doesn't help, I go back May 12th to talk about Surgery. The needle looked something like the spears that bull fighters jam into bulls in the ring. Or at least it felt like that
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-15-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
Jim, was that a shot of cortizone? Hopefully that will help. If so, I say get a shot once a month until summers over, and if needed do your surgery in the fall (after riding season!)

80 degrees today! I'm still shooting for a first ride on april 29th. Whoever wants a pull, let me know! Eustace and Justin (Michele?) are in, anyone else?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-15-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
Dave: Yes it was cortisone. I hope it helps because today it feels worse than before the shot.No matter what I will ride in the June event.

(Message edited by jim_b on April 15, 2006)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-15-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
Atta boy Jim,
40 some odd day's to go, boyz and girlz!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-15-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
Jim, it hurt more b/c the cortizone adds fluid to an already inflammed area. Its the pressure that hurts. I've had several cortizone shots (when asprin would have done fine) and they never helped! I would hope they would try PT instead of talking surgery right away! Sorry, don't mean to sound all negative, I bet your in pain and jsut want to feel better, and I'm right there with ya!

Those long needles thouhgh can be scary. They are normally 20-24ga thin-wall needles similar to the ones you see in the cheezy movies. I speak from experience though that no pain with needles compares to getting a 12ga need jammed into your knee TWICE to remove 130cc's of fluid, but we'll talk about that another day! GL my friend!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-16-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
HAPPY EASTER ALL YOU WAKE GUYS AND GIRLS!!!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-16-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
Happy Easter to you all too~!

I'm sitting here inside trying to get through finals so that I could finally enjoy some sun and water...but it's helping that it's really windy outside so I know wherever out there it's going to be choppy today~ (At least wherever I could reach...just trying to justify myself from not being outside.....aarrrghh~)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-16-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
KG: I JUST DID 5 WEEKS OF PT. AND FEEL NO BETTER THATS WHY THEY SHOT ME UP FIRST BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO CUT ME.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-16-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
ohhh....
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-17-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Jim, what is the injury? Not that I am a doctor but having already had 2 knee surgeries I have learned quite a bit. Be careful and really look at the doctor, there are a lot of doctors who work on knees who probably should not! I have had 2 ACL replacements and would only go back to my surgeon (welcome to refer him if you want a second opinion). First ACL I surfed 2.5 months later, the second (wakeboarding accident) I snowboarded 3 months after. It is all about getting the right surgeon! My neighbor just went to have some "routine" cleaning out of his knee and a loose bone chip in particular, well now 2 months later and not any better he just found out that the bone chip is still there! Guess he should have gone to my guy! Guess what I am trying to say is get a second opinion! Especially with the knee, there is a lot they can do for them.

(Message edited by holiday13 on April 17, 2006)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-17-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
Gavin: I have torn meniscus for the 3rd time. The first 2 I had repaired in 1987 then again in 1999. The therapist also said I have a problem with my tendon where my quad muscles attach to the knee. I'm not happy with this doctor they sent me to but because its a workmanscomp case I don't have to much say. I plan on calling the insurance company this week and seeing about changing doctors cause I'm not happy with this one.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-18-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
Now that sucks (both the injury and the fact that it is a workman's comp claim). Good luck with the recovery, sounds like you are well voiced in knee injuries!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-18-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
Well, I'm going to divert from the medical forum support group discussion and talk about, well... wakeboarding!
Phase one of the BM5k's installation went relatively well. KG was a madman with power tools. Look!
Upload

As you can see in the picture, we removed 2/3 of the Super Air's tower to do the work. KG drilled a few holes
in the tower, and while it was a little difficult to watch at first, I got used to it. But when
it came time to drill through fiberglass, that's when I began to sweat. But my distress didn't seem to phase
KG on bit. He was a (mad)man on a mission and he was unstoppable (except for lunch). Here he is drilling
a pretty big 3/4" hole right through the Super Air's gunwale. It was hard to watch, but I toughed it out.
Upload

If you notice, KG is drilling right in the center of where the front tower foot is mounted. The speaker
cable is going to run through the center of the tower tubing and pass through the gunwale unseen. Genius.

While KG and I were working on the BM5k, my mechanic was unwinterizing the engine, Justin was setting
up the tramp and Michele was power washing the dock. It was a busy day of Spring prep at 60 Sylvia.
Upload

The Super Air's has been unwinterized, the bottom has been painted and the teak swim deck has been
power washed, heavily oiled and reinstalled. Weather permitting She'll be back in the water for the
season this weekend.

Brian, Michele, Pops Lef: The Bordentown ramp at 3:30pm this Friday? I may even bring my gear for a cold water
Spring pull behind the newly pimped-out Super Air Antique!

Finally, I've made some cheesy flyers for June 3rd. I figure I can leave some at SOS, some at ISS and send
some to out-of-staters to put in thier local shops to generate a buzz. I also created an email address
of njwakefest@yahoo.com for people to contact me with questions. Ok. I guess I've rambled enough for now.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-19-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
ooohhh! look at those holes being drilled! I can't wait to see the full installation completed, KG really did an awesome job on that box and so far on the install. It's going to sound great.

On another note, Michele, Mr. Lefebvre, and I have been diligently working on the Super Air Antique (aka the Invader for those of you who are saying "wha?") finishing up the tower install and getting the upholstery redone. It's coming along, very tedious job but the end result will be well worth it. Mr. L has been working like a dog! (wouldn't expect anything else). It will be cool to get to ride behind it, the tower totally transforms the boat.

Alex, Michele and I can't make it on Friday, we have tickets to the Phillies vs. Marlins game that night. I don't even know if the boat will be done.

Jim, I'm sorry to hear about the injury. I hope you heal up fast and are able to get in some riding this season. I'm reading way too many posts in the main forum about torn meniscus, ACL's, etc. Scary stuff!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-19-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
Thanks Justin. I was wondering if the speaker install was done cause I didn't hear any loud music Saturday when I was out side working. Today I get to blow off a little steam. I start contract negotiations at 1pm. Time for a raise!! This weekend my total bathroom renovation will be complete. The next 2 weeks I have to help friends and family with some work then on week 3 I start my total kitchen renovation. Hopefully by mid June I will have time to get my boat ready.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-19-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
Unfortunately I can not make it this Friday either; Anthony has a baseball game at 6pm. That said the timeline would run a bit too tight for me.

Looks like the SAN install went off without a hitch, looking forward to seeing it firsthand.

Alex, can you send me an electronic version of the flyer? I talked to Chris at Wakeboard & Ski boats of PA today, he says he is defiantly bringing a boat down for the Wakefest and he will distribute the flyers at his shop in addition to posting the information on his web site. http://www.wakeandskipa.com

PS – Jim, best wishes on the rehab
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-19-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Was just up at Chris' this past weekend getting the sister new bindings. Speaking of which, she is selling her like new Obrien Nova's that were new last year size m/l (she is like a women's 8.5). They are like new barely broken in, think she wants a hungie for them. If anyone is interested let me know.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-19-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
I got to drill!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-19-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Thanks Brian. No matter what I will be there on the 3rd.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-19-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
You know what's funny? I think I too am going to bail-out of my own trip to Bordentown this Friday afternoon!
My original idea was just to revisit the event location so I could just sort of visualize how things can
be arranged. While there I would also purchase my June 3 ramp permit. But to purchase the permit I
need to show my boat's registration and my trailer's registration. That documentation, alas, I
left in Manahawkin on Sunday. So, as I said, I'll probably blow-off Bordentown this Friday and shoot
for next Friday.

I emailed you the flier Eusatce. It's really nothing fancy; basically Justin's design with some
descriptive text. Print some on a color printer and they come-out looking pretty good.

Does anyone know anything about the marina next to the Bordentown ramp? Would they let us dock there a
few times over the course of the day for a fee? Is it an easy walk from the marina over to the ramp?
Those with boats really could use somewhere to tie-up every now and then to rotate riders and/or to
just hang-out on land for a while.

See? KG is still psyched that he got to drill holes in my boat!
Upload
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-20-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
Thanks Alex, I got the flyer and have already sent it out. I’m not sure if your working next Saturday but Dave is trying to put a ride together.

KG – I couldn’t help but notice in that picture that there were no safety glasses present,,,,, very reckless ,, tisk tisk……. Ha ha ha ha!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-20-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Alex,
As of right now, next Friday should be fine for me. Hopefully we'll have the Invader ready to go.

I was actually thinking the same thing about the Yacht Club next door. My parents have been there once for a party and our neighbors are members (who may be attending on the 3rd). I have no problem getting the contact info. and talking to them about docking there and renting the slots for the day, if you all want. Maybe I could even set up a time to go in on Friday or one day soon to check out the place and discuss with management the details. Just let me know what you all think.

Dave, you can count me in for next weekend. If it's nice I'll bring the full-suit and start the season!! Brrr....
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
what are safety glasses?
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-20-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I checked the post. Yeah I agree, a little scary drilling into your boat. This is old discussion but I have defeated taking the NJ Boating course. I found out that the boating safety course I took 10 years ago in WI exceeds the NJ requirements. I drove by the beach in Belmar today, I can't say I have ever seen that many people working on their tan this early in April. As far as that goes, it's time to get on the water. The air temp. is hot and the water is above 50 degrees.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-20-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
Michele: If you want to work your contacts at the yacht club I think that would be great. Having a place
to tie-up to from time to time during the event would be really helpful. You're our "in" Michele. Go for it!

In other June 3 news, I wrote the short "funny" promo piece for Sidewayz.com. Ronn and Phil were happy with
it and it should be up on the Sidewayz website soon. And if that's not cool enough, Phil is going to
include it on his monthly email blast to ALL of Sidewayz's retail shops nationwide; possibly even worldwide.
How totally cool is that??!!

Also, I spoke with Craig at SOS and he's practically rabid about somoe how participating. He threw-out
several really cool ideas. Instead of Bordentown tomorrow I'm probably going to stop-in at SOS instead, drop-off
a stack of fliers and chit-chat with Craig. The guys that run Craig's current wakeboard school are the same
guys who used to organize the INT events at Harold's lake back in the day. Craig said he's going to tell
them about June 3rd beause they'll probably want to get involved as well. This thing is really snowballing people.
I'm thinking another board of directors meeting may be in order again pretty soon.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-21-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
justin- your right it is time to get on the water. I was in last weekend and with a 3 mil wetsuit it felt just find, actually very warm most of the time because of how hot it gets when not actually in the water. Still it felt real good to make a couple of turns and realize what a couple of months with out a pull can do to your conditioning.

Also so anyone who has taken a power squadron course in the past you are good for the test however your card saying you took the program is not enough, nor is a membership certificate, so call your post and have them send you the proper documentation.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-21-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
could this be accurate? http://www.delawareriver.net/temp.php

Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-21-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
Any thoughts about putting the event in the Events section of WW?
Being lazy right now, I'd rather not filter thru all the posts to get the pertinent information. A single post in the Events section might help a lot of people. Whatever gets listed there, I'd copy to wakescene.com for all to see.

(Message edited by wakescene on April 21, 2006)
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-21-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
KG, I would say the water temps are accurate. I took the afternoon off yesterday and rode at a friends place down on the Susquehanna and the water was definately low 60s (i don't know an exact number because his thermometer on the boat doesn't work). I still wore a drysuit because I didn't have anything else with me, but a heater top and trunks or shorty would've been fine.

It's been a while since I stopped in here, I'm very impressed with how the wakefest seems to be coming together. Two boat dealers and hopefully some demos. I'm hopin I can make it down, but I might have a bachelor party that weekend (don't know yet so my fingers are crossed).
Additional note: the boardshop idea has been scrapped because my friend and I are both too busy.

How many of you are gonna be at Blue Marsh next weekend? It's only a half hour from me so I'm thinking about it.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-21-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
Spotts: I had a chance to ride at Blue Marsh last year with "njskier" aka "Diamond Dave" aka "Dave" and I fell in love with the place. I can't make it but I wish I could. I'm hoping to get back there again this year.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-21-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Michele, It would be great if you talked to your neighbor about using the boat clubs' dock. Like Alex said, it would be good to have a place to tie-up for a break.

Eustace, Michele, Justin we're still on for some pulls next saturday. That water temp looks great!
Anyone else want to tag along? Speak up.

Spotts, Blue Marsh sounds great, but unless my riders for sat. want to trek out there, we're most likely going to hit the delaware river. What do you think, gang? (That lake is tempting, I'd do the driving if everyone wants to chip-in for gas)

KG, I agree, now would be a good time to post the wakefest under "events". It may get spotted by more people that way.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
Alex, I agree another meeting is in order. Do you have a time / location in mind? Otherwise I’d be more then happy to set it up.

Dave, as for the 29th my preference is to ride on the river, with our event just around the corner I think the more time we spend in that area will be most beneficial.

PS- Do you mind if I bring Anthony on Saturday?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-22-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
Eustace,

The river sounds good to me.....with the high price of gas, I prefer to stay closer to home.
And yes, please bring Anthony with you too, I will have Kyle with me as well. Justin and Michele, can we meet in B-town around 10am?

Some more tidbits about June 3rd, I have a gas grill I can bring, and I think hot dogs would be the easiest thing to offer to everyone. (Dietz & Watson dogs, of course!) We should discuss some of these things at our next meeting. Alex, when do you want to meet? Next saturday would be good :-)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-22-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
JUST FOR THE RECORD NATHAN'S ARE THE BEST!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-22-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
Dave,
10 AM works fine for us...

I will call the club this week about the boats.
I agree it's a good idea to get together and work out more of the details. Just let us know when works for you guys because our weekends are pretty flexible right now.

BTW...I beg to differ...Sabrett Hot Dogs...YUM!!
Although I understand your preference, Dave
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-23-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
Johnsonville Brats Ummmmmm, I'll buy lots!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-23-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
Shoprite has Buy-1-Get-1 FREE Ball Parks beef franks (14-16oz)pkg
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
Its official; We are posted in the Events section!!

Dave, 10am sounds good to me.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-24-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
WOW, I'm getting hot dog abuse!!!
That's okay, if you were to tour the plant, you'd understand.:-)

Eustace, should you post something on "the other" wakeboarding sites about wakefest?
I posted on the mastercraft site already.
We may have Kim from Rancocas creek driving her MC up on June 3rd.

I'll see some of you this sat. 10am at Bordentown. Weather looks good so far.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Weather looks good, but the temps do NOT!

Here is the latest, even though I am sure it may warm up a bit, but the outside temps aren't supposed to get above 65.

http://www.delawareriver.net/temp.php
Brr, ice covered!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
umm, check that..

weather for this week is not too nice.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-weekend.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=1 &zipcode=08505&metric=0
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
http://www.delawareriver.net/temp.php
Brr, ice covered!

Global warming my-butt!!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-24-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
Let's see....air temp high of 59, water should be at least 60, that's 119 degrees! Wow, is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?

C'mon guys, that's what wetsuits are for!
(Maybe I'll bring a cooler full of hot water anyway!)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-24-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
Except for a few beautiful hours Sunday afternoon, it rained all weekend, so the Super Air is still
sitting on the trailer in the driveway instead of sitting in the water behind 60 Sylvia. I'm hoping for
more favorable weather this coming weekend.

In one way or another, I've been working on the June 3 event just about every day. I have a few new things
happening and I have some coals on the fire, but what I really have is a number of unanswered questions.
If most of the planning committee is going to be in Btown at 10:00am on Saturday anyway, maybe I should try to
get there too. But before I commit to that I'll have to work-out a few details and make a couple of arrangements.
I had some loose plans of hitting Btown around 2:00pm this Friday, but now the Friday trip may become a
Saturday trip instead.

Any news from the yacht club yet Michele? Maybe you can use your family friends who are members there
as a reference. Having a place to tie-up from time to time would be really, really helpful.

Finally, I don't eat hot dogs, so I don't have a dog in that fight!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-25-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
Kevin-did you watch that global warming documentary on HBO Sunday? Pretty interesting. It's amazing what we're doing to this planet.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-25-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
No I didn't see it, but interested, what was the title?
I'm still not a believer though. I truly believe that earth goes thru many cycles and this is just another. Coincidence, yes that were here what it's happening, but that's it. I also believe that our government and media have a lot to do with distorting truths to get what they want!

ARRRRGH, I'm getting angry now! Somebody start a new topic quick!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-25-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
Alex, It might be good if you met up with us saturday to iron-out any details for June 3rd.
Maybe JB can make it too?

Do we have a definite yes on Craig coming, possibly with some boards to demo?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-25-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
Ok. Bordentown, 10:00am this Saturday it is. Doreen and Connor will probably be with me. I'll even pack
some gear in case there's room in the Maristar!

While I have several irons in the fire, I have no firm commitments yet. While Craig donated some really cool
Nautique t-shirts to raffle off and a stack of SOS sticker to give away, he's not sure yet if he's going
to bring a canopy and a table full of product and actually "work" the event. I also stopped-in and spoke
with Terry at Island Surf & Sail. He too wants to be involved but isn't sure exactly what he's going to do
yet. He said he's got a kiteboarding event to do in may and that's his main focus right now. I have a couple
of other really cool things lined-up which I'll talk about Saturday when I'll hopefully have more information.

Finally, if June 3 is going to happen the way I am envisioning it, then there are some decisons that need
to be made and some responsibilities that have to be taken-on. I have ideas. We'll talk Saturday.
Yes. Hopefully JB can make it too.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-26-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Alex,

Yes, there will be room in the Maristar for your crew, so bring your gear! Excellent, hopefully we can get everything finalized this saturday.

Michele, any news about the dock at the club?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-26-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
http://www.boatus.com/gov/state_taxrefund.htm

We need this for our state!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-27-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
I'll vote for that.

Someone email me one of those flyers and I'll hang them in the 2 surf and skate shops here by me.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
Jim,

You've got mail! (what a cliched corny phrase)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-28-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
Has anyone been to the Bordentown website? I found this in the "Events" section:

June 3rd & 4th Sat & Sun 8am-4pm
Annual City Wide Yard Sale
The entire town participates! Just ride up and down the streets of Historic Bordentown City for the best bargains of the year!
Sponsor: Downtown Bordentown Association
Info: Tom 609-298-1424

Pretty cool! This may add some day tripper foot traffic to our gathering. I think this also underscores
the importance of getting to the event site early in order to stake-out our claim.

http://www.downtownbordentown.com/
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Better buy your ramp pass early.....you may not be able to park near the police station that day!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-29-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Aw yeah! We had an organizers meeting in Bordentown this morning to get things in line for the Jersey Riders East-West Wakefest coming up on June 3rd! This is really starting to take shape and has a lot of good energy behind it!

And a couple brave souls decided to do some on-water recon work as Dave brought the Maristar down to get some early season riding done. It was a bit brisk: a cool 55 degrees with a breeze and water temps in the low 50's. Once again proving their dedication to riding!! Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-29-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
Hey, thanks to everyone for coming out and braving the cold air (and water) today!

We owned the river today, I guess nobody else could muster enough courage!

It was a good primer for June 3rd!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-01-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
Thank you Dave!

Anthony and I had a great time with all of you. On the way home Ant ask me “why he had never been on the boat with Michele before”… I think you may have a little competition Justin….

That ccccold! Water really takes its toll, Annette and I went to dinner with some friends on Saturday night and I passed out in the car on the way home from the restaurant. Nice impression huh?

I have a couple pics I will post as soon as I get a chance.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
C'mon, Eustace blaming the cold water for passing out after dinner(and drinks not doubt!)

Aw, just kidding! I felt tired that night and very sore the next day. Must have been that last crash :-)

JB, nice pic of our "motley crew"!