Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-18-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
1 Watkins
2 Hansen
3 Parks

IMO and most others, Hansen should have won. His run was unreal.. and a blind 7 off the dbl.
Crappy site, dirty as hell, cool event.
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-18-2004, 10:06 PM Reply   
man that hansen guy is good.

Danny Turner
HYPOXIC FILMS
hypoxicfilms.com
Old    murrayair            07-18-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
So who won the tour? Parks?
Old    blindsiderider            07-19-2004, 12:01 AM Reply   
That sucks Trevors ride was SICK and the Blind 7 was awesome. The dust sucked the water was nice and we all had a good time.
Old    joe49er            07-19-2004, 5:50 AM Reply   
Trevor who? Watkins killed it - nuff said. He won - and should have.

WikedeeWak - you obviously work for CWB or rep for them!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-19-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
I was so stoked to see Daniel win. What a great guy and great rider that's been busting his butt on the tour for eight years. That's a long time to wait for your first win! He had a solid run topped off by his double back on the double up.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Danny, I like the placement for the Hypoxic films sticker on Trevors board. Very nice!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-19-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
Parks won the tour. Danny Harf got second and Daniel Watkins got third.

Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-19-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
Trevor is the man. And to think he's only 19. Five days older than me. Him and Danny are gonna be around for a while.

Danny Turner
HYPOXIC FILMS
hypoxicfilms.com
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-19-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
I wish I worked for CWB, I sell it though. I work at Sport Chalet, we sell CWB and Hyperlite. I know the rep though.
The group I was sitting with all thought Trevor's run was way more techy, plus he didn't fall like Daniel did. Not a big fan of the huck and buck like the double flip tricks. A blind 7 is pimp.
It's cool as hell that Daniel won, much deserved after years of killing it, just felt Trevor was a bit above.
Harf's nuclear whirly is awesome.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
double back flips are huge, judges like to see that especially in snowboarding on the halfpipe. congrats to watkins
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-19-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
Daniel had a fall, Trevor didn't. Daniel pulled a whirly, Trevor pulled a whirly five. Backside 7, are you kidding me, Trevor should have taken it, nuff said. www.westsidewakeboard.com
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-19-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
Hansen....It's payback for that fake add he made a couple years ago for their board school(you know, the one on the slider). It's gonna take a long time to repay that debt to society.

Do I see a '05 premier in Danny's hand. Doesn't look like the '04 graphics.

Regardless if he deserves it or not, Watkins got the win. Good for him. He's the kind of guy wakeboarding needs around. Right attitude and killer riding. I love the fact that everyone is stepping it up in the comps. Finally makes it more fun to watch.
Old     (wakebo2169)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-19-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
Watkins is a super cool guy from what i can tell...he is like the Ernie Els (pro golfer) of wakeboarding. Els is so solid and consistant and doesnt get worked up if he loses a tournement despite being in the hunt. Daniel seems like he's the same way and I'm glad to see that he won a tourney in the states finally.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-19-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
Hey guido, do you know the story behind that ad that Trevor did?? Probably not. Trevor can back up his sliding, did you see his run at the Tour, it speaks for itself. www.westsidewakeboard.com
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-19-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
Oh...I know. He's a sick rider and a major force on tour, but give me a break. That ad sucked. Suck it up and laugh Brandon. I think there are a lot of people that almost choked laughing when they saw that. Man, you love him soo much, maybe you should start a fan club. He, he, he.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-19-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
Brandon - fill us in what is the story? Maybe even a picture of the ad?
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-19-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
Yeah I love him buddy......I just happen to know him and I know that he had a very short amount of time to get a photo taken, were talking about an hour. Then "someone" from a town called Orlando sent off a letter to a publication anonymously stating that hes a fake. Couldn't be farther from the truth. Could idea with the fan club...he, he, he.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-19-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
Yeah did you see his mastery of the A frame? FS 3 up & BS 3 back. He had by far the most technical run & should have won IMO.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
I have heard from many people that Trevor gets screwed a lot on the judging.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-19-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
yeah...umm...im gonna have to say that hansen's b/s 7 and harf's nuclear whirly and 900 were pretty damn pimp. i was really hoping to see phillip throw a whirlydick though. oh well, cant win them all i guess.

am i the only one annoyed that parks keeps throwing his double half cab over and over on the d-up?
Old    murrayair            07-19-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
Scott- No kidding! I mean, it's a sick move and all, but he throws it for EVERY SINGLE CONTEST off the d-up. We all know he has the double half cab nailed, so I would like to see him take it a step further and do the double half cab mobe.

But whatever. It's his life, not mine.