Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (AHam)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-03-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
My Boss has decided to get a new boat for the shop this year! We're trying to decide what brand to go with and would love some input. The river we ride on has a limit of 22Ft, so nothing bigger than that. So, far I've looked at the Tige RZ2, Mastercraft X25, and Nautique 210. What do you think is the best buy for quality and price?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-03-2014, 1:28 PM Reply   
I won't touch that with a ten foot pole! Let the games begin!!!!!!!!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-03-2014, 1:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I won't touch that with a ten foot pole! Let the games begin!!!!!!!!!
+1!
My advice, drive and ride behind all of them and then make your choice off of that and the budget. They are all very nice boats and unless you are competing in the pro tour, none of them are going to disappoint you. Are there dealers close by for all of the brands mentioned? Sometimes that can make a difference too. I love my '07 RZ2 that I bought new but this forum has a lot of hate towards Tige for whatever their reasons are. Each of those brands has their own "owner's" sites and I would encourage you to ask questions about that particular boat on those forums like common problems/issues, what do you like about your boat, not like, how good is the warranty, particular options to look for/avoid, etc rather than just throwing out a catchall "which boat is best" question.

Last edited by timmyb; 01-03-2014 at 1:42 PM.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-03-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
The one that gives the best promotional deal, since the "shop" will be advertising on behalf of whichever boat company is chosen. Also depends on what brands the "shop" carries, because some board companies already have affiliations/discounts with certain boat manufacturers. G21 (since it's really closer to a 22ft boat) would likely be the best option IMO.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-03-2014, 2:01 PM Reply   
Boy that is wide open. Any boat 22 or less and no budget??

Man I want your job. You know the one where your boss hands you 100K+ cash and says go buy a boat that you can use. I don't care which one, anything is fine with me.

I would put the G21 on the list!! But you can also add about 80% of the wake boats/ inboards made, in that 22 and under umbrella. The choices are…how do you say…oh yes…endless!!!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-03-2014, 2:21 PM Reply   
Go with a Sanger
Old    rullery            01-03-2014, 2:25 PM Reply   
94 Hydrodyne, end of thread
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-03-2014, 2:25 PM Reply   
Kind of a loaded question and you are only going to get responses of people's personal preference.... My guess is you will get 0 feedback that you should jump and follow. People have different preferences...

Start by evaluating each of the local dealers and who you want to have a relationship with.
What is your budget?
Will you be using primarily for surf or for wake or to entertain?
Looks like you have looked at Tige, MC, Nautique. Might as well look at the others if you have a dealer in your area.... Supra, Moomba, Malibu, Centurion, MB
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-03-2014, 2:47 PM Reply   
X25, hands down, best wakeboard wake and most room of any boat under 22', plus Mastercraft are the best built and swankiest of all boats. Not to mention the influx of trim that vag vessel will bring to the shop. To be blunt, with a Mastercraft hanging around the shop, you'll be up to your armpits in beluga, with the ladies all pandering for a ride in the tuna tug feeding you the finest caviar..,

With an available 7.4L naturally aspirated Ilmor engine and enough aluminum to make Boeing blush, how can the schools of squid say no to a trip on the Love Boat 2?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-03-2014, 2:49 PM Reply   
JetRanger - It takes a while to get your humor, but after months I am finally starting to pick up on it. That was good... Tuna Tug!!!
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-03-2014, 3:27 PM Reply   
Check Malibu mxz22 and axis a22. G21 sweet too.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-03-2014, 5:10 PM Reply   
Ummm g21.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-03-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
NautigeCraft. Great boats.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-03-2014, 6:44 PM Reply   
+1 for G21 followed by 22 MHz followed by x25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (SecretSquirrel)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-03-2014, 7:27 PM Reply   
Take em all out for a test run. No matter which manufacturer you pick, Nautique, MC, Mailibu, Centurion, Supra, Supreme, Moomba, Axis, MB, Sangerthey all offer a good product with different strengths/weaknesses to the market. Finding a great dealer is of utmost importance.

As a poster above said, warranty is very important. FWIW Centurion just came out with a full 5 year transferable warranty that's supposed to be the most comprehensive warranty coverage in the industry. Don't know if it is or not. I haven't researched it myself. Maybe it's worth a gander.

Last edited by SecretSquirrel; 01-03-2014 at 7:34 PM.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-03-2014, 9:16 PM Reply   
Another factor to consider is "boat launch cred," that is, one's ability to be credible at the boat launching area where there may or may not be some squirrel butter, read: babes. At this time you're gonna want a boat built for tuna trawling, that is, a boat that casts it's nets wide and all sorts of tail fall into it...that's where Mastercraft comes in...

Not into babes? That's ok, every Mastercraft is bound to inspire envy with its industry-leading JL audio system which will sound out every note of your Barry White CD as you mack the ladies in high fidelity. Speaking of fidelity, it will be impossible for you married guys as having a Mastercraft will ensure that the ladies "can't get enough of your love babe..."
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-03-2014, 9:23 PM Reply   
The most economical and business friendly boat would probably be the new Axis T22 or another budget boat.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-03-2014, 9:23 PM Reply   
Top notch jet. I am starting to think you are a closet tige guy. Maybe MB.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-03-2014, 9:29 PM Reply   
^^Check out my comments in the "Wakesurf Boat Questions" thread. Now that's top notch!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-03-2014, 9:38 PM Reply   
Jet what do you think about the Pavati?
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-03-2014, 9:48 PM Reply   
JetRanger for President.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-03-2014, 10:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Jet what do you think about the Pavati?
I won't be able to make a decision about it until Tige copies it...
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-04-2014, 4:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
Top notch jet. I am starting to think you are a closet tige guy. Maybe MB.
Nah, he used to bash them alll. But WW didn't get the humor, and the butthurt was strong in those threads. He finally figured out, that this is WW, and over here, MC was the brand to address with futher posting..... He gets laughs, instead of whining, sniveling, and crying from owners that didn't get his joke about their Tige, MB, Malibu, etc....

He plays on the ignorance of other posts in these threads. He is our very own satire poster.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-04-2014, 5:16 AM Reply   
I agree with DIGGS above, I think Jetranger was my least favorite person on this site a few months back. After finally understanding his humor, I think he's my favorite hahaha.
Old     (SecretSquirrel)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-04-2014, 6:10 AM Reply   
Well, that puts things into perspective. How long before you guys figured out the onion wasn't real? Did you know pro wrestling is fake?
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       01-04-2014, 7:28 AM Reply   
Fantastic writing Jet...it's hilarious how fast this thread skewed off course....

OP, I'm a Tige guy myself, and the RZ2 is a fantastic boat, but so are all the ones you mentioned. I went with a Tige RZ4 because of the warranty and dealer support in my area are fantastic, and it throws more wake than I'm capable of fully utilizing, plus has a ton of room for all my friends that always want to come out. The RZ2 is virtually identical to mine, just shorter by about a foot in the bow playpen and a foot in the middle behind the driver's seat (where the trash bin is in my boat). But with that being said, if you're buying brand new, have a wide open budget that isn't coming out of your own pocket, and aren't a pro level rider, then buy what ever you like the most. Like many have said, most of the decision will come down to a lot of the non-wake related factors like dealer support, warranty, quality control, available features, stereo setup, etc. Find one that you like and buy it, I guarantee that all of them will produce a wake that is more than enough for your needs unless Shaun Murray walks in and decides to take a ride with you.

TL;DR - Buy whatever you like the best and ride happy since it's not your money
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-04-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
One of these would give you a great ride and 3 colors to choose from. Not sure how great the wake would be but definently would build some good memories with you and your co workers!
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-04-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
Yeah sometimes JetRanger is funny but most of the time he is just trying to derail a perfectly good thread...for what? Attention on himself?
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-04-2014, 11:26 AM Reply   
In all fairness, most of the postings on WW are useless banter. Jet is far from being the only one that will derail a thread.

WW= 20% useful information, 40% brand bashing, 40% Brand praising, and 10% complete nonsense. This forum has more BS than 4chan......
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-04-2014, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
In all fairness, most of the postings on WW are useless banter. Jet is far from being the only one that will derail a thread.

WW= 20% useful information, 40% brand bashing, 40% Brand praising, and 10% complete nonsense. This forum has more BS than 4chan......
That's 110% !!!!! I guess WW posters are giving it their all?
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-04-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
That's 110% !!!!! I guess WW posters are giving it their all?
And then some
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-04-2014, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
94 Hydrodyne, end of thread
+1
Old     (cgilliland)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-05-2014, 5:27 PM Reply   
Supra SC450
Old    Paxdad            01-06-2014, 5:55 AM Reply   
Tracker and Tahoe at Bass Pro Shop come to the front of my mind. A Tahoe with a tower is sweeeeeeeeet!! I will step up to one of these eventually.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       01-06-2014, 2:34 PM Reply   
I've got a compromise for him. How about he keeps the current 210, and drops a custom, supercharged LSX 454 motor in it?
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-06-2014, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
One of these would give you a great ride and 3 colors to choose from. Not sure how great the wake would be but definently would build some good memories with you and your co workers!

Time to come up with something new.