Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-22-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
Here are two pics of platforms that I built. The Tige platform is for the Slalom Shop pro-shop boat, the Nautique is for a local. I used XL Panel 1" thick and doubled it so the platform is a solid 2" thick. The board stop/transom saver is also 2" tall providing max protection. I cut them on a cnc table router so they are nice and precise. I sprayed them with Speedliner which is comparable to Rhino or Line X but has a softer feel and smoother finish and unlimited colors. I'm thinking about offering oversized platforms for older boats with those dinky platforms designed back in the day for skiers. What do you think? Wasting time and killing trees or fire up the chain-saw?
03 SAN platform
04/05 24V
Old    sketcher            02-22-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Very nice! I'll take an orange one for my VLX!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-22-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
Looks good, how much? Will you be able to enscript emblems in the material like the tige platform?
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-22-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
money maker but make sure you do your research on most boats so you provide a good quality prodcut that is good for consumers
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-22-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
I've see a lot of posts of people looking for platforms for I/O's that did not come with them, I think it's worth a shot and your product looks awesome.

If it's your first biz I've been collecting resources I use to answer all the questions I dont understand at http://www.bierbower.net and hopefully they can be of help.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-23-2005, 6:58 AM Reply   
That looks very sharp- good job. A couple of ideas- what about adding a second color such as the Tige letters or leave the letters blue and use color inside the logo. Also I'm not sure if it is needed, but would routing grooves in the top help water to drain off and be less slippery? You may have a nice market there. What are you looking at price wise?
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-23-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
thanks for the input guys -
Pricing looks pretty good to me.
$350 for a plain one color,
$400 for two color
$400 for engrave one color
$450 for engraved two color
If you are able to provide the artwork in proper format the engraving can be your own custom design. Boat name, club name, design or whatever.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
How much for the wagon? LOL

Jsut kidding those look pretty damn nice!
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       02-25-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
Sweet lookin'! You might have a great Market!
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-25-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
How much do these weigh compared to a regular teak deck? Can you just mount your current platform brackets on these platforms?
Old     (flyingbeaver)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-04-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
That blue Tige platform would look good on the rear of this boat!