Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-07-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
Since I been on WW Everybody talks about fast rock and alternative and when it comes to hip hop aahhh thats no good music.
For Everybody that ever said that or posted it,all summer long All I hear people play is hip hop so for all you haters out there,IT'S TAKING OVER!!!!
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-07-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
Totally, I've been listening to a lot of Vanilla Ice and The Fat Boys lately.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-07-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
What the dilly-o? Don't EVEN go bussin on my boys and the ice man yo. (starts up the Casio and starts beat boxin)

BTW The first concert i ever went to was The Fat Boys. OMG
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-07-2004, 10:51 PM Reply   
One hater located!!!The whitenookie
Old    walt            10-08-2004, 6:04 AM Reply   
I like to mix it up and play a little of everything including Hip Hop and Rap.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-08-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
Don't you be hatin' on my Country muzac then aight?

I'm like Walter, I listen to a broad range of shat. Rock, Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Reggae, Chill Out, House, Trance, Country, Jazz, Hip Hop.

In fact, we had Coolio (from the old lady's extremely out-dated CD collection mind you ) bumpin' on the way home from the Smelting Pot last night...1, 2, 3, 4, get your woman on the floor, gotta gotta gotta get down, gotta gotta gotta get down...

It ain't "TAKING OVER" by any means. Maybe the juvis on your lake are bumping ONLY hipity hop, but the majority of wakers ain't gots the same flava.
Holla.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
Twisted Sister.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-08-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
Ambrosia
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
I've been jamin LL's old stuff. Goin Back to Cali, Back seata ma jeep, Mr Smith. That
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-08-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
For me, kids shape what music gets Q'd up. Number one thing is no F-bombs; everything else we can pretty much deal with. Best answer for this is to buy CDs at WalMart - all CDs there are the (clean) versions. Got some CDs that just rock but can't really play them without Jimminy Cricket smackin me. Answer to that is to take a trip to WalFart.

Current favorite: hip hop in the purgatory between mainstream and underground - good stuff that doesn't get played outside of Wakeboard Videos and Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Outkast rules despite being mainstream. Jay-Z's fun but hated by many. Love P-Diddy, Biggy Small, old school Mase, Tupac, WuTang, etc. Gotta be upbeat - there's a lot of really fun (don't even want to say this, but) uplifting rap out there. Just gotta look for it. Good place to start is the Free-4-All dvd. It'll lead you to Battleaxe Records and the Heiroglyphics Emporium. Not really underground cuz everybody into this type of music knows them, but they don't get played anywhere. Jurassic-5 is amazing. Pep Love, Swollen Members Deep End: saweeeeet.

Coming from Rage, Korn, Bizkit, etc., this stuff is like Sunday School music. Puts a spring in my step, a pop in my pop, where the the fast stuff makes me want to hit things after a while. How you feel when you get done listening to it?

When I fall and hear a chill bass line while the boat's coming around to pick me up I feel like Parks looks. Smooth, big, cool, stylie. Then I get up and all that goes away - get back to looking like a WalMart Greeter's Union team rider. Maybe that means we need bigger speakers ;-)
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-08-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
BigEd, I'm not hatin', just making a joke. I was actually playing Nelly and Black Eyed Peas all weekend with some old school punk mixed in (Stiff Little Fingers, Agent Orange, etc.).

Trust me though, nothing compares to gettin pulled listening to Eye Of The Tiger!!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
you hit a lot of my favs. Pep Love, Members, J5 Outkast does rule. Especially ATLiens and
Southern Playalistic.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-08-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
yeah old school Outkast is great riding music. I've been listening to Atmosphere's latest which makes for some good riding music with good beats. It's about time to update the iPod for the winter tunes up here in the northwest though.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-08-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
On the wheels of steel...so show me how you feel...

Derek, that last part of your post was priceless.

What's this Pep Love all about. I might have to check, check, check, check it out.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
David. Danny Harfs section in....damn...is it All or Nothing or F4A guys? I think it's all or nothing. Kind of a happy sounding rap! Anyway, I read the credits, bought the Pep Love album and it ROCKS!

Also, Pep Love was a former member of Heiroglyphics which also rocks. Very good (non-gangsta) rap.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
Chorus
Phenomenal, Action abominable passion
You don't want a fraction of friction
Fact not fiction, can't stand the heat Then get out the kitchen If not then step up and get some!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-08-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
Jack Johnson!!!!

Cool Mellow tunes, Good Vibe. Makes the day Relaxing!!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-08-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
can't beat jammin to men at work 'safety dance'
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-08-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
This tune is a great intro to the Heiro crew. Pep is the guy in the egg, but you'll see they're all good (specially the guy sitting like he's Viet Cong). Worth the download, but don't play it if you ain't ready to bust a groove. Just checked and the Heiro site's been changed all around (for the worse).

http://www.hieroglyphics.com/content/visuals_content/quicktime/obt_soweto.mov

Might try to 'save as' and then run versus just clicking the link.

(Message edited by toyotafreak on October 08, 2004)
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-08-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
We actually jammed to some Spinal Tap one day this summer. It was awesome. Stonehenge and Big Bottoms really got me fired up.
Old    byerly137pro            10-08-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
Hip hop and rap are okay in small small dosages, you can only take so much. As for LL's old stuff, you cant Momma Said Knock You Out!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-08-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
J-Rod, Ya that was in Free4All.
Old    byerly137pro            10-08-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
Correction: cant beat Momma Said Knock You Out!*
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-08-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
Grant, close your ears.

J-Rod: "Your life is worth way more than just some diamonds - without bling I still gleam."
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-08-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
That's cool but all you Delta riding sisters and brothers next time somebody passes buy listen and tell me the % that you hear is rap.I love all kinds of music and the older I get the broader my liking of different music is.But if you can get over the fact that even when they do curse that this is a form of expression.NO OTHER WORD WILL DO.Just try to understand that Please.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-08-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
Sublime, enough said.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-08-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
But I do like the hip hop on the sub, gives a nice beat that the riders hear.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-08-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
Sublime!!!Always nice.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-08-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
Big Ed--

HIP HOP!!! Is the best, if you really dont like hip hop you should go to best buy and buy and Atmosphere Cd, then you will love hip hop.
Old    lforcerider            10-09-2004, 12:57 AM Reply   
I can't believe more people don't listen to classic rock. Led Zeppelin, Foghat, The Who, Nazareth, i don't know about you guys but whenever i listen to the immigrant song or anything else that rocks hard, i have to go ride. it just gets me ridiculously pumped
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-09-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Hate to admit it, but Queen does the same to me. (Old friend used to jam it in his BU).
Old    210n            10-09-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
bicycle........ bicycle.......
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-09-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
REHAB-Southern Discomfort.
Old    210n            10-09-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   
...i want to ride my bicycle
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-10-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
Andy ~ Are you still looking for a WB crew?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-10-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
I am always looking for crew! I can ride everyday. Looks like we live in the same area.
Old    whitechocolate            10-10-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
LOL
Old    gatorade            10-10-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
freeway, kanye west, some green day songs 2pac,atreyu,mase, pitbull, chingy, petey pablo and lloyd banks, ohh and 50 and gunit are all listen to when i go snowboarding wakeboarding.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-11-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
Cracker. Speaking of Hip Hop, has anyone ever listened to the Hip Hop section of the XBox Amped2 game? I ripped it off and put it on a CD and I love it, even though I've never been a fan of rap or hip-hop.
Old    howie            10-11-2004, 11:05 PM Reply   
I just got to ride to music first time well I works for me. POD rocks for me with some local rap livin legends
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-12-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
If you guys seen the Shaun Murray video about 2 months ago it starts by him jumping out of the tractor bucket,Man that video rocks and it made me enjoy the music on it .It totally pumps me up!!