Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    jbpetty23            06-12-2010, 5:59 AM Reply   
So Im currently in Iraq for the summer trying to do as much research as I can for a purchase sometime before next season comes around. Right now Im one of the I/O guys but wanting to upgrade within the year. I have been looking at the Moomba LSVs, Supra SSV, Malibu VLXs, and a few of the Xstars and X-10s. My question for you guys what do you think is the best buy for around $30K? Being enlisted and single this is about what my budget allows. I have also seen many Centurons for around this price. I would like something no older than an 2004 and less than 500 hrs on it. I know that it will take a lot of looking to find a deal like this but I just wana be able to scoop a deal up when i find one. Perfect Pass, Ballast, some type of wedge or wakeplate, are requirments for me. Anyway I look on this forum a lot and it has helped me immensley, so I look to you guys for advice. Please include some options that you guys feel are neccasities for wakeboarding and general boat use and some that you dont use a lot...........
Old    alanp            06-12-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
i dont have a ton of experience with wakeplates. ive been on boats that have them and they werent used. any specific reason you want one?
i too have been looking for boats around 30k. there isnt much out there right now, probably due to the time of year. what i have seen is the vlx's being sold for about that price. as far as options i think youre on the right track: pp, ballast, a cover are on my list.
Old     (Lohe)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-12-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
I would ad Tige's to that list... A lot of info can be found on them over a tigeowners.com
Old    jbpetty23            06-12-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Just for the added wake sculpting that or if I get a Malibu an Edge. I have seen a couple of the 2005 Supra 21Vs going for about 30K i was considering a moomba LSV but if i can afford a Supra I would like that... Anyone have any info on the 21V?? Whats the difference between those and the SSVs??
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-12-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
Opinions are like, well, you know. But I'd say put Sanger on that list. Once a Sanger owner, always a Sanger owner!

For 30k you can have one heck of a boat...although the prices have gone WAY up in the last few months.
Old     (boomboom)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-12-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
NOthing takes the place of a demo. Ride in and behind the boats you favor aesthetically and then make your choice. For $30k, you have a great range an dshould have NO problem getting a kick-ass toy. Consider how many people you'll take out regularly when you shop. I have a 20' and wish I would have bought bigger. Look at the Z1's from Tige-awesome boats and you'll have no trouble finding an almost new one in your price range. Also, the Ride series by Malibu should fit the bill-great boats.
Old     (dizzy8085)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-12-2010, 9:30 PM Reply   
for 30k. Buy a really nice og x star hull. early x star/early/x2/new x1. that will be the best wake for you money. and You will be able to get a really nice one for 30k.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-13-2010, 12:21 AM Reply   
For $30k you should be able to find a pretty good selection of boat. I am biased toward Tige. Test as many boats as you can. You will probably fall in love with the first one you drive but, don't jump at it until you have drove a few more.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-13-2010, 1:08 AM Reply   
I 2nd the Sanger. You get one hell of a boat for $30k. I picked up an 06 with 28.5hrs on it for just over 26k at the end of Feb this year. Its a great boat. Had it out in a 2.5ft chop today, handled like a dream cruised along at 30mph no prob. Interior is on par with some of the best & they are hand crafted.
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-13-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
I'm considering selling mine. Email me (sesdgs@yahoo.com) if you are interested. Its a Supra 21v with low hrs.

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-13-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
Bro Im kinda surprised you left correct craft out of that mix, you cant find a better wake than a super air 210 for less than 30k and let me tell you other than mastercraft you will be hard to find any boat anywhere near as quality made as a correct craft. I got my 2001 san for waaaaaay under 30k and alot of people still think it is the best wake of all time with about 2800 lbs. I think you could finda n 04 or 05 for under 30
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-13-2010, 8:21 PM Reply   
O and by the way I just got out of the army last summer as well I served 4 years active as a tanker and purchased my boat straight up from the money I saved while enlisted as well. Thanks for your service as I can attest to the fact that it is not always easy.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-14-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
Older mastercraft Xstar, X-1, The old 205V hull is probably your best bet overall if you are talking value in terms of the wake. That or an old 210.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       06-14-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
I agree with looking for an 02-04 nautique. There are plenty of them out there for 30k, try correctcraftfan.com
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-14-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
There's a 2006 Moomba XLV (23ft) with 52 hrs on it in the Moomba.com forum for $27,000. It has pics and looks clean.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
I would go all the way back to a '98 Super Sport and newer to '03. Take the left over coin and use it for something else.
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
My vote definately goes for the SAN 210. You will never look back! Or the older x star. With some weight, that thing rocks as well.