Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (batistat)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-07-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
So my family got a Jamako off of Ebay and it got damaged in shipping. Will we need to fix it? and if we do how can it be done? Here are some pix
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            01-07-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
Ouch! Yeah, that last picture looks like it cracked thru the glass.

That white paint is a tell tale sign of the new Shred Stixx construction. Prior SS's didn't have the paint.

Jerry advertises those as Epoxy and so I would assume the underlying foam is EPS, at least for safety's sake I would assume that.

If we assume it's EPS, it will suck water, so you should seal it up to prevent intrusion of water under the lamination. It doesn't look structural, just a cosmetic injury.

A little overkill, WW has a good how to here Just be sure to use Epoxy and not a polyester based repair product.

Inland Surfer has an epoxy repair kit here with insructions...and they have one in white. :-)

If you don't care how it looks, grab some 5 min epoxy from your local hardware store. Mix up some, and slather it in to and over the dings until it's sealed to prevent any water from getting under the glass. Call it done. :-)

Hope that helps!
Old     (batistat)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-08-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info! I'll have to try that.