Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-18-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

well its boat show time in Toronto, its actually almost over and im getting down to the nitty gritty and need to make my pic.

I was considering a Moomba due to price, but I know no matter how much cheaper it is ill never be as happy with it.

My heart lies in a Malibu VLX which i can't afford, and i know i could get one nicely priced used but i really really would rather be first owner

so it comes down to the V Ride, im so close its scary, i was so relieved to have my car finnally paid off and all i have to worry about now is my mortgage, but i know ill get plenty of use out of the boat and would never regret the money spent

so can i go wrong with the V ride? does any one here have any real complaints about this boat

ahhh! buying a boat is so scary!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Buying your first boat is scary, every one after is fun!

I for one think having a boat is better than not having a boat, whatever it is.

Though I always tell friends to let someone else take the depreciation of the first few years and buy something that was pampered and not used.... I have never taken my own advice.....

Buy the V-Ride if you LOVE it.... If you will always be saying, I like my V-Ride, but....... Maybe you wait a year and put a payment a month in savings, plus gas, insurance and maintenance in a savings account and buy your VLX next year?
Old     (stick)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-18-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
I haven't heard any complaints about the Vride. If your heart lies with the VLX, then I would wait and find an immaculate used VLX instead of buying a new Vride. Get what you really want even if it means going the used route.

There is nothing wrong with buying used if the boat has been treated well. I just bought an immaculate used 05 VLX. Picked it up for $39k fully loaded with 150 hours. I could never spend $65k for a new one.

What is your budget?
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
great boat man. you will be just as happy with that as you will with a vlx, just won't have the bells and whistles.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-18-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
You can't go wrong with a vride. They are a nice boat and puts out a great wake.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2008, 9:54 PM Reply   
I picked up a used Vride with all the VLX bling & then some for a lot less than I could have touched a VLX for. It's my 5th boat overall & 1st v-drive & we're loving it. It doesn't lack much of anything.
Look for VLX deals & if nothing comes along, make the leap & pick up a Vride.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-19-2008, 6:29 AM Reply   
Why would you never be happy with a Moomba? Great boats and wakes with great prices.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-19-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
personally i love the v-ride in think the wake is better than the vlx and it's a LOT easier on gas the boat is super well built and the overall design hasn't changed since 1995 when it first came out why? because the boat is the $#!@ just one more example my buddy has 950 hrs on his it's a 2005 and all he does is service it.