Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (nashjeffries)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-08-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
i can do 180s and 360s but on most attempts only a couple i go off axis which is annoying cause i have the rotation and handle almost everytime so i just fall. So how do i stop the off axis motion?
THANK YOU
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-08-2004, 7:34 PM Reply   
Be patient, pull in on the handle to create slack, then pass. It's the three P's. Pop, Pull, Pass. I know, easier said than done... I know!
Old     (porsche4me)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-09-2004, 6:19 AM Reply   
I have this same problem. I can land 3's a couple of times but then I start going off axis also. I have tried slowing down my speed approaching the wake, popping more/less, waiting to set my axis to spin. I haven't found the key yet. I'm not a very consistant rider though so maybe that is my problem. I have a guy that rides with me, he doesn't go huge but he is very consistant on his jumps but I haven't found his secret yet.

I'll let you know if I ever figure it out, you do the same.

Adam
Old                09-12-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
you might be starting your trick off the wake while your axis is not right just be patient
Old                09-13-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
my bs 180 attempts i get the rotation and handle and everything and then dig the tail (which actually becomes the nose after rotation. do i just wait more till i'm in air or what?because i'm pretty sure i'm off the wake before spining
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       09-13-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
Look at the horizon behind you.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-21-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
I know what pulling the handle means, but how would I do it when doing this trick hs? pull with my front or rear hand? and when? before turning, while im turning?
I can do the rotation but I cant keep the handle in my hands.
Old                02-22-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
it helps me to really concentrate on sticking my chest out and leaning over my toes with my eyes focused on the horizion behind the boat. but i also tend go directly back to my heal-side edge as soon as i make contact with the water. which takes a lot of load off of your hand.
Old                02-22-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
ha ha .. that would be HEEL-side
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-22-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
So you dont really make a handle pass? Im not really good at surface bs 180s at the speed I ride at, so I do need to make a handle pass...
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-22-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
So you dont really make a handle pass? Im not really good at surface bs 180s at the speed I ride at, so I do need to make a handle pass...
Old                02-23-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
no, you dont have to make a handle pass. there are three ways to land the backside 180(blind). handle pass, no handle pass and hand cuffed (both hands) or thats the way i understand it anyway.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-24-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
I know, but I want to make a handle pass because I cant resist the pull of the rope when landing with just one hand...
Old     (wpg_waker)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-08-2006, 11:18 PM Reply   
i've heard while landing the blind one think about it like sticking ur @$$ into the rope so ur leaning away from the boat as looking back towards the horizon...so the boat doesn't pull u onto ur back...i'm hoping to throw a couple huge bs 1's this year...Good Times