Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-10-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
I know there have been a ton of Maui vacation threads but i was wondering if anyone has gotten married, or been to a wedding on Maui. I'm getting married there in less than a month and am putting everything together.

Any advice, pros - cons?

Thanks.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-10-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
no advice, but you picked a great island to tie the knot! I can't think of a more beautiful place to get married! Congrats!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-10-2012, 2:56 PM Reply   
We got married in maui five years ago (dang it has been that long). We were married at the Kei Lani in Wailea. We had a small group. It was just immediate family (about 20 people). My wife and I wanted a small wedding and it worked out great for us. We were married on a point down by the water and it was a great day with a few whales breaching in the background. For our Honeymoon we went to Kaui. Well we got there and were not impressed where we were staying and jumped back on a plane and went back to the Kei Lani.

We go back twice a year now with my family (it is almost like second home familiar now). We always stay in wailea so I don't know too much about the other side of the island. We stay at the Grand Wailea now because we are members but I do still love the Kei Lani. We always eat at Nicks Fish House which is located at the Kea Lani. Probably the second best restraunt I have ever been to. The first few times we were their we did some scuba diving, road to Hana and zip lining. Now we just relax at the hotel. If you are staying near Wailea I can give some other tips but I don't want to bore you if you are going to be on the other side of the island.

Last thing if you need a Photographer look up Michael Andrews. He did our wedding and was great. He also did a family portait two years ago. Good guy!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-10-2012, 3:46 PM Reply   
I got married in wailea 5 years ago. what do you need to know?
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-10-2012, 4:24 PM Reply   
Migs,
Where did you get married? And what date? Ours was March 11, 2007
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-10-2012, 9:46 PM Reply   
Mike- Grand wailea sept 07