Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-16-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
This weekend both Sat and Sun my 03 VLX while going back in starting beeping. Its the beeping noise of when you turn your key on right before it starts up. This weekend it would just beep without stopping as we were going down the lake. Any idea what this is? All gauges were fine.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-16-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
It's the v-drive warning probably. If the v-drive is full it might be a bad sensor, or the computer module is the problem. Happened to a friends 02 VLX just out of warranty, cost him a grand.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-16-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
Was it coming through the speakers? If so, your battery is dying, and the noise is your amps. you are pulling more power, than the dead battery can provide. Usually stops when the boat is running though. .... Although mine once, started the boat, but then made the beeping noise still.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-17-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
the noise is coming from under the dash, not the speakers. So there is a v-drive warning beep on malibu's? I know of the light there by the throttle but didn't know there was a beep warning
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       07-17-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
Ryan go to:
http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/

They'll get you some well informed advive
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-17-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
thnaks for the info. I signed up, but they have to review my profile or something first before i can post anything and didn't find out much by searching. I wil post there as soon as they let me. Thanks.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
Try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. This should reset the computer. If the beeping continues, have the computer checked. They usually beep for good reasons.....low oil, overheating, sensor problems, etc.

Had this happen to us when we lost our impeller and the boat overheated briefly. Next time we went out, the boat just beeped at us. Pretty annoying.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-19-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Ryan,

I didn't see your registration in the que. What log on name did you register with?
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-19-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
Ryan,
I had a beeping problem on my 03 bu. It was a faulty oil pressure sending unit. The gauge did fluctuate badly though. I know several people that his happened to on their 03's.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-19-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
It could be a lot of things....hot tranny, low tranny fluid, bad oil pres. sending unit, bad depth guage, low oil pressure, low v drive oil level, some bad sensor somewhere, low fuel level, bad wire, etc.

Did you get something warning displayed in on the digital readout on dash?

Ck your manual, it lists all the possibles.