Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-17-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
Testing this new feature...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-17-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
I guess it works. I got a custom feature added to the discussion board that will allow you to browse for four pictures at a time and then it will upload them all at once. Let me know what you think.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-17-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
Thats awesome! Definately makes picture loading simple. Thanks.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-17-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
So, you show boardshorts and bulls, but that's it??
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-17-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Nice...Thanks Dave!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-17-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
hey thanks Dave for everything, this board is great. thanks to everybody else who keeps it going too.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-17-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Sorry, those are the only pics they sent me for that event.

Here are another four. When I had a "real" job back in 2001, I had a cubicle and a bunch of pics that I had hanging throughout. Since then, I've pretty much been working on a table at home with no room for pics. Well, the other day I finally splurged and actually bought myself a real desk. While I was cleaning out the old one, I found my file of pictures that I had hanging in the cubicle. Here is a sampling of those...

Some deep quotes and a cartoon...
Upload

My family and my girlfriend, now wife (top), in Portugal (must have been around '89)...
Upload

An article I wrote for Wake Boarding magazine before I even owned WakeWorld (April '97). Rockin' the Liquid Force Free 145 and gloves...
Upload

My barefooting days at a camp I worked at in 1990. Rockin' the long hair and dayglo...
Upload
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-17-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
Dave, thats cool to see your from a water sports back ground. Every now and then I get the single ski and take a spin. But let me tell you going 22 to 24 for 15 years now behind a boat when I get going 36 its kinda freaky.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-17-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
I still have my LaPoint O'Brien single ski and I keep thinking I'll take it out and see if I can still slalom, but it's pretty much been about 15 years since I have. I just can't bring myself to waste the butter when I have an opportunity to wakeboard. By the time I do break it out, the bindings will probably fall apart as soon as I stick my feet in them! :-)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-17-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
Dave, I remember that article from WBM. You guys did a houseboat trip to Powell right? I had no idea it was you. I was young then...
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       02-17-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
I actually learned my balance and control on a slolam and stayed on it for about a year before I tried my hand at wakeboarding. (plus I couldnt afford to buy a wakeboard for that year!)

Noob question= I hear stuff about the skiers and wakeboards dislikeing eachother a lot. Why? It seems like we she be against tubers and jet skiers. What have skiers done? Remember they are trying to get the smallest wake possible. Just thought i'd ask.
Old    walt            02-17-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
testUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload

SWEET !
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-17-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
Yeah, that article was attached to the article they did on the filming of May Day. Can you believe that? Makes me feel old! Oh wait...I am old!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-19-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Dave thats way cool. Good Idea.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-19-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
David, nice barefooting......from what I understand that is pretty hard to do. People say its pretty difficult. Nice!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-22-2006, 12:01 AM Reply   
Barefooting isn't that hard if you've got a boom or short line to learn on and a good teacher. It's the falls that are tough. My worst injury was a nasty shoulder dislocation barefooting.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-22-2006, 12:09 AM Reply   
nasty shoulder dislocation = joe will never ever try barefooting.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-22-2006, 5:42 AM Reply   
EXACTLY, JOE!!!! NO BAREFOOTING FOR ME....I GOT WAY TOO MUCH MONEY WRAPPED UP IN MY SHOULDER!!!