Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-02-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
I've held off on finalizing the subwoofer in my boat but I'm itching to make a decision and get started on the enclosure which will take some time with just a few hours here and there.

I know both of these subs are not available yet but both are slated to be available next month. Let's just assume that both new models will have roughly be improved at the same rate (humor me please without SA comments about how you can't assume...).

Based on the current (or recently disco models), in a ported enclosure, powered by a JL MHD750/1 for various types of music but normally some light, good sounding dubstep, rap & hip hop and country music I'd like to hear some thoughts. All of my in boat speakers amps are JL but I love my 4 Rev10's so I'm not necessarily stuck on either brand.

I thought the JL 7.7" components were best for me in the boat and the ability to easily stack the 6 JL MHD amps made the install much simpler. I think the Rev10's are much better suited for the tower and listening at 70-80' while riding. I want to make the same decision between these 2 subs as far as which will perform best and have the most output while still sounding clean. I'm not a big fan of upper sub bass (65-80hz) so keep that in mind too.