Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
Anyone ever consider putting trim tabs on your boat yes trim tabs plural. I'm talking about the type that have one on each side of the boat and could be controlled independently. Like this
Upload

It seems like you would be able to shape the wake differently and better.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-02-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
I was just thinking that myself as I was using my boat yesterday.I was even thinking three not just two.
Old    lakeside5_10            09-02-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
a friend put some on a center console and the work great , but dont know about a wakeboat
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-02-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
Wait till surf expo, somebody's gonna have a surf boat made with exactly that in mind....
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
when is surf expo?
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-02-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
The twin tabs turn up the water to much. brakes the waves apart.
Old    lakeside5_10            09-02-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
sept 12,13,14 for surf expo in orlando , see u there
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
I wish Mark, but from friday I will be checking swell in France so I will appreciate any report from Expo
Old    surfdad            09-02-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
Mark are you going to be at Expo? We'll be there just for a part of Saturday, I'd like to say Hi and introduce you to my lovely wife and James. Will you have time?

Petr, I'll try and get some pictures to post. I'm interested in the new HL Swell and that Supreme Picklefork.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
Thanx Jeff
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-02-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
My expectation is that trim tabs will help the surf wake. Should help clean up a bad goofy wake. I could be wrong. I didn't have $ to play with the idea this year.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-02-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
At Worlds, the Switchblade folks are going to be there and showing an older Nautique/MC with 2 trim tab-like mini-swithblades that you can switch left to right, up down...

It's been discussed that the switchblade is a thrust diverter but these would obviously be different being on the sides of the transom and more like trim tabs. I think the difference is that they will pull that portion down as opposed to a tab like a wakeplate that push the transom up and bow down. I could be completely wrong, but something new to the market. Gotta love toys.

Somebody take a camera to worlds to get a before and after.

Old discussion of the 'razorblades': http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/538293.html?1201541037

(Message edited by sailing216 on September 02, 2008)
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-02-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
I used the trim tabs on my I/O to shape my wake and it worked well. I figure with three you could use them for wakesurfing and wakeboarding.For wakeboarding you could use them to balance weight and the middle for shaping the wake,and for surfing the obvious reason.
Old     (wakechallenged)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-02-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
I hope that I am not restating the obvious but I hope you realize that you should NEVER surf behind an I/O or an outboard like the one in the picture. I'm sure that you simply posted the pic to display the trim tabs.

On my boat, Tige 24ve, there is a single "trim tab" billed as the TAPS system and it DOES shape the wake nicely. I've always wondered if it wouldn't be better to have two independent tabs rather than the single center tab. Good luck.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
^^^^ Exact same thought process.

Surf dad we'll be expecting surf expo pic's.

A friend of mine had a chance to ride two HL proto surf boards earlier in the summer and he said they both suck compared to his Yellow Loogey.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-03-2008, 3:04 AM Reply   
No not surfing behind I/O.Look at my profile.I should have said on my former boat.I'm pretty sure Hate N Pain has an inboard also.
Old    lakeside5_10            09-03-2008, 4:56 AM Reply   
Jeff ,
yes i will be their sat & sun , i also would like to meet you and your family . i will email you my p-fone # to call me. I will role in on the bike sat a/m.