Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (sdkid21)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-25-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

Havn't been on here in a while.

Just looking to get a pool of people together that would be interested in riding in Southern CA, mainly Elsinore or Perris, or Vail if anyone has a pass.

I am looking for people that want to be a third and people that need a third as well.

I have an Epic 23V, but it would be nice to ride with others as well.

Just hoping to put together a good group of folks!

Thanks
-Matt
Old     (glassywater09)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-28-2012, 2:02 PM Reply   
Matt, plug me in. I'm in about the same mode as you are.. good for riding more whether it's in mine, yours or someone else's. My LSV will be in Big Bear for about another month then it stays at Perris thru the winter and spring. We drysuit, so winter riding is not a problem. Would be nice to hook up with steady winter riders within striking distance.

Richard
Old     (sdkid21)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-29-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
Hey Richard,

That sounds good. I had lost your contact info from the past, so I'm glad you responded.

I'm hoping to try and get out sometime in the next week or so.

I also have a FAE system coming in for my boat in a few weeks, so I for sure need to get out a few times once that goes on to get it tested out. Should be a nice addition, especially for any surfing.

Talk to you soon
-Matt
Old     (glassywater09)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-29-2012, 10:06 PM Reply   
'FAE', don't know what that is but would suspect some more ballast?
Old    jblinzler            09-29-2012, 10:38 PM Reply   
hey Matt

Im one of the local guys always looking for pulls, if im not already riding with Rich I'd love to ride behind that epic of yours.
email me j_blinzler@yahoo

Josh
Old     (sdkid21)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-30-2012, 8:00 AM Reply   
Rich,

FAE is Fresh Air Exhaust, pumps all the exhaust down into the water. Supposed to make a pretty huge difference on the 8.1 L engine that my Epic has. Reduced engine noise and better sound system quality.

Josh,

Good to hear from you. Looks like we got a full crew here ready to go.

What are you guy's schedules like, do you guys ride weekdays only or any days?
I havn't been to Perris in a very long time, but I just picked up a state parks pass so I want to check it out.
How's the water quality and crowds? Weekday early mornings pretty mellow?

-Matt
Old     (glassywater09)      Join Date: Apr 2009       10-02-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
Think there is an ordinance against wakesurfing on glass water.. Could even be seen as a felony, depending on the circumstances For me, primarily wake board with option to wakesurf when water goes bad.

If you want heavy action on wakesurfing, Bryan Locke with LSV is the guy at Perris. Also Marco Thompson in San Diego.

With winter temps coming to us, weekends will work at Perris, although weekdays are almost guaranteed semi private pulling experiences with exception that last two winters they were closed Tue & Wednesday due fiscal cutbacks and that is true currently thru mid April. Drysuit and you are golden. My boat has been in Big Bear last 10 weeks but will be at Perris by end of October.

When you are looking for some pulls at Perris and need bodies give me a ring a couple days ahead. There would be a need to check weather for proposed day to verify we will have pullable water. Check Josh for days that work for him.

Where are you driving from and what days work for you?
Old     (SDEndurance)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-02-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
Count me in for any so cal lake. I don't have a boat but I can drive one. I can go mondays, wedneadays, saturdaysand sundays. And some fridays. I have a wetsuit, not a drysuit, but I'm down for winter riding. Ill bring gas $ or whatever else and help clean up. Hit m up 858 414 2160. And I can find a 3rd usually if neeeded :-)
Old     (sdkid21)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-03-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
Hey Rich,

Thanks for the reply, I also agree Wakeboard solely on Glass water with a little surf only when things get torn up.

The FAE is just a nice addition overall that reduces exhaust gas fumes and muffles everything that makes the sound system stand out quite a bit more.

Anyways... I work for the fire service down here, so my schedule is very random, but I love going out on weekdays.

I've got a ton going on over the next week, but I am hoping to start riding at least once a week after that. I will get ahold of you fellas when that takes place, or shoot me an email if you are going out before that.

Thanks
-Matt

matt@ebilby.com
Old     (sdkid21)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-05-2012, 1:01 PM Reply   
What time do you guys typically ride out at Perris?

I work down in San Diego and I get off duty at 7:30 so the earliest I would be able to get up to Perris for a session would be 9:00 or so.

Do you guys ride that late? Or are you out there first thing in the morning?

I can go or take my boat out anytime when I get my set's of days off, just curious about trying to join in or take my boat out when I am getting off duty first thing in the morning.

Thanks
-Matt
Old     (SDEndurance)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-06-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Matt, im in san diego if you ever want to do a weekday.at.el cap
Old     (glassywater09)      Join Date: Apr 2009       10-06-2012, 10:29 PM Reply   
Just to be sure we normally try to be pulling by 7am. Although some days the glass is scheduled to hold well past noon so a later start works. It's a drive so getting 3 pulls is a minimum target.

Get some loose time and we'll put it together so it works, with a little help from the wether man. Getting chilly in Big Bear. Will have my boat back at Perris soon.

r.
Old     (xravedreamsx)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-07-2012, 2:24 AM Reply   
Looking for a group of solid riders to hook up with down here too. Hit me up lyabut@gmail.com, I'm always down to ride, pitch in for gas and as a fellow boat owner, very experienced in pulling the most heavily weighted boats.

My v-ride is up in norcal, no place to keep it here in my new home of socal yet. Hope to get in down here in the next couple months.

Once my boat is down here permanently, looking to ride with a solid crew on the regular.
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-16-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I'm good for Mon-Thurs most weeks for Long beach, Elsinore, Perris or Castaic/ Piru.
Decent rider and driver. Boat owner ( mine is on the Delta) so good for gas money/ clean up.............
Thanks
Stuart
310 993 6173
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-27-2012, 6:48 AM Reply   
I'm down to ride winter when my schedule allows. Work schedule has been all over the board but normally I am good Thursday's and Sunday's. I work retail so that may change as the holidays come on. I have a 2010 vlx, stock ballast and wedge as the wake has been sufficient for my skill set. Usually head to Elsinore, but down to go out on other boats as well.

This last year sucked for riding as I only got one wakeboard set in due to lack of drivers etc.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-27-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
I'm out of Yorba Linda, couldn't edit the above post
Old     (glassywater09)      Join Date: Apr 2009       10-29-2012, 1:01 PM Reply   
Big Bear mornings are low 30's... time for the LSV to move to Perris and find some of the remaining trunk days. Will be looking to hook up with some of you guys for the winter pulls..

Richard
Old     (glassywater09)      Join Date: Apr 2009       11-02-2012, 5:22 PM Reply   
Sun and Monday @ Perris. My boat will be there and Matt Anderson will be trotting out his new (to him) ride, a '05 Malibu with 14 cup holders Looking for bodies with or without boats. Looks like toasty temps, hoping the water is still trunks..

Personal email, text or call best,

Richard
rdnbigbear@gmail.com
Old     (SDEndurance)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-02-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
im down for monday!
Old     (sdkid21)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-10-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
God I have to start checking this thread more often, missing out on these days out.

Hey Richard, how is the boat storage at Perris? I currently have my boat in the driveway, exposed to the elements and it drives me nuts.

If we start riding Perris consistently, I wouldn't mind keeping it there.

Storage like $100 a month?? Covered i'm guessing? Do they have any kind of indoor storage?

How do you like that set up?

Thanks, and please keep posting the dates on here you are looking to go out.

Thanks
-Matt
Old     (glassywater09)      Join Date: Apr 2009       11-11-2012, 12:06 AM Reply   
$60- a month @ Perris and it is not covered. I've been happy there these past 3 or 4 winters. Just got a new cover and taking the tip from the cover maker to let the cover break in then have local upholster sew zip on skirting that will cover bottom half of boat.
Old     (USCWakeboarders)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-14-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

We always have a couple people looking to ride at the so cal lakes. If we could get a crew together that rides on each others boats we are more than willing to offer up the X-10 to ride perris, elsinore, or puddingstone (as a last resort).

Definitely shoot me an email at USCWake@gmail.com, would love to get something going.

BTW--we also have a hookup for marine stadium, its a new company that charges something like $35 for 2 sets (we can probably have the owner hook it up with a better deal). not bad if anyone lives in LA/southbay/OC and doesnt feel like making the drive.

-James
USC Wake Team President
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-07-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hey

Is anybody going out Sunday? We are tired of the cold in Colorado so we are driving out there on Saturday! Hoping to find a pull. I'm generous with gas money and I can drive!

It would be awesome to meet and ride with some of you guys!

Victor
801-231-4494
Old     (wviveen)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-12-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Hey Guys, I have just moved from Europe to Santa Monica and unfortunately had to leave my 210 2008 SANTE behind. If anybody needs a third, i can drive, have all my own gear and will of course pay for gas.

James, could you let me know what the name of the company is for marine stadium ? 35$ for 2 sets sounds not that bad ?
Old     (USCWakeboarders)      Join Date: Jan 2012       12-12-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
The company is called "Wakeboard LA" the guy who runs it is named John. He was asking me and some other SC riders to help him get things going, but as far as I know, not much has come of it. I know that if you can pull together a few guys (I believe he wants 4) he is willing to do a session, but obviously cant for just one person. If you are on facebook, search for the company and just message him!
Old     (USCWakeboarders)      Join Date: Jan 2012       12-13-2012, 11:15 PM Reply   
Last minute but if anyone wants to ride tomorrow (Friday Dec 14th) at Lake puddingstone in san dimas let me know. Boat is Mastercraft V drive w/ perfect pass and 1400lbs ballast. Usually its about $20 each for gas for 2 long pulls and only 3 ppl on the boat.

The lake is 15 minutes from my house so I don't need a lot of notice, ideally earlier (before noon) is better though.

Shoot me an email to jkashyap139@gmail.com with your number, its linked to my phone so i'll get back to you pretty quick.

Hope we can make it happen!!
Old    farasahntak12            03-14-2013, 10:25 PM Reply   
I am new here and was wondering if you had any recommendations for agencies in the Southern California area. I have a 7 month old son and have been researching on the internet, but would appreciate any suggestions about legit agencies. Thank you and I apologize if this has been asked before!
Perris Locksmith
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-12-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
I live in LA and haven't ridden in over a year. Would love to throw down some gas money and get back out there. Been riding since I was about 10. Originally from Oregon and when I lived in NY I met all of my riding buddies through wakeworld. I am down to head out to Elsinore or wherever is necessary.
HIt me up anytime!
-Cole

QUOTE=sdkid21;1785494]Hey everyone,

Havn't been on here in a while.

Just looking to get a pool of people together that would be interested in riding in Southern CA, mainly Elsinore or Perris, or Vail if anyone has a pass.

I am looking for people that want to be a third and people that need a third as well.

I have an Epic 23V, but it would be nice to ride with others as well.

Just hoping to put together a good group of folks!

Thanks
-Matt[/QUOTE]
Old     (scrap311)      Join Date: May 2012       04-26-2013, 9:41 PM Reply   
Hi All,

Just moved to Newport Beach from Seattle and looking to find some good people to wakeboard with. I have been riding for 15 years, have my own gear and pitch in on gas. I used to own a 2008 Supra Launch SSV and know how to drive, back a trailer down the ramp and have the respect out on the water. Feel free to call or text me if you are looking to go out as I am willing to drive to meet up.

Thanks,

Ryan
(970)219-1657