Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Just after launching, I realized I was taking on water... and lots of it.

Upload

Here is us headed back to the dock realizing how awkward the boat was....

Upload

Then, Clubmyke stopped me and said... "You know, I think we could have fun with this...."

Upload
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
I'm a big guy and not quite in the meat of the pocket there.

Upload

Factory at the back of wave. We could surf from the swimstep all the way back about 15 ft.

Upload
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Clubmyke on the Inland Board....

Upload
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
Man, I've got to work on my facial expressions. LOL!
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-16-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
Very nice looking for wave for the goofy side. Wish I could get the goofy wakesurfing wake on my X-Star to look lke your X-45's!!
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Yeah, the port side is way too good on this boat. I was jealous. I'm quite happy with the goofy side though. You should hit up Clubmyke; he has the patience and experience to probably get any boat dialed in. Ask for his recommendations.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
I think Clubmyke was scared to drop in at first...

Upload

I take that back.....

Upload
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-16-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
They have oceans for that you know...
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-16-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
^unnecessary.

That looks sick Ben. Quite a list you had going there! How much weight were you running??
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-16-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
is that boat sitting caddywampus?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-16-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
OMG, how much weight are you running in there!!!

boat is about to keel over
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-16-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
yes it is sitting caddywampus....

i have alot of respect for ben...not to many new boat owners are open minded about adding weight to a really $$$$$$ brand new boat..btw, this is a really, really incredible boat...big, fast, and comfortable..mc really did a super nice job on this..

we added the steel shot sacs (pop products), flyhigh fatsacs, and FULL FACTORY BALLAST (much to my surprise) the wake was big, clean, and long... the really cool thing was the fat sac storage... there was so much room that i would be plumb in the sacs...

it is the only other wake i have yet seen bigger than my 211 on a good day(i am kinda new at this, i havent seen a enzo yet)...however, ben was really open minded about trying out different combinations and what we ended up with made for a very big and very fast wake (that close up is me putting on the brakes before i end up on the swim platform)..

needless to say, we had a great surf session with the walzer and the inland sufer blue lake (very fast fish..beautiful finish.....and i do mean very, very, fast...however it was a bit too "sticky" to really cut loose on it...however, once i got use to it, it was alot of fun)

(Message edited by clubmyke on November 16, 2006)
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-16-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
Good thing there werent any other boats out there. I could see a decent size wake hittng that thing the wrong way. It looks like a fun wake to surf.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-16-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
btw, just in case you "didnt read though the lines" of the title..we werent even close to sinking the boat..ben is having a little fun..
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-16-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
This is really funny... One of my buddies also has an X45 so we always make a hard decision weather to take my 211 or his X45. Typically the size of the crew makes the decision for us. More than 6 and we take the X45. We had 14 people in the X45 one day on the Sacramento river and it didn't even feel crowded. The boarding wake was seriously huge. I was riding 80' out at 26.5mph and it felt like I was going off a ski jump. The X45 wake is a really nice shape with a nice steep lip on the top just like my 211, just double the size. Of course with 13 people watching the "old guy" I had to go big and show up some the young bucks. After that session my knees, ankles and back were hurting for a few days. Definately too big for my body on a routine basis. However it was a real rush looking down at the water from that height, kind of reminded me of my jumping days...Air Time!

(Message edited by mikeski on November 16, 2006)
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-17-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
That is just nasty.
Old    bigrich            11-17-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Nice swell (I dont think that classifies as a wake anymore) Can you put a warning beacon on that thing so the rest of us can turn our bilge pumps on ahead of time when we see you coming.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-17-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Rich- LOL.

Beware bass fisherman.
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       11-17-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
Impressive! What speed are you running in the pics?
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-17-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
Looks like fun...But...
Aren't you afraid of screwing the warranty? or damaging the hull? Where is all that weight resting anyway?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-17-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Thats a cool looking boat.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-18-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
i think the speed was 11.3 (we were in the pp rpm mode)..

i wouldnt worry about the damage. the weight was distributed throughout the boat....the majority of it was below the floor (very cool imo)
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-18-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
want to say thanks to Myke for bringing the sacs. that was a sic day.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-18-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
I just got my twin 440's and MC in AZ is hopefully going to plumb some custom sacs for me!!!
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-23-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
I know this is an old thread but I couldn't help noticing that everybody is riding on the starboard side. Do you only bring people that ride goofy? I have been considering only bringing people that ride goofy cuz then I don't have to switch all the weight. I do have a problem then, I can't bring my wife. haha Just curious if any one has only invited regular of just goofy to avoid moving the weight.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-23-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
That has got to be the best wake surf wake I have ever seen.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-23-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
it is really, really nice...this is the first time out with extra ballast..it is very surprising how much weight it takes weigh this boat down...it was a smige bigger than my "caddywampus 211"

i suspect it will be better since ben had some custom fat sacs plumbed in...te wake as very big with nice drive..it was just missing that that bit of "drive" at the back door of the wake (being really nit picky here..this was the first time out with weight)it can only get better more a bit more of tweaking "ala clubmyke"..

btw, the port side is better...but since ben is goofy you had better learn how to ride switch or backside..