Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       04-29-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
Anyone have any experience with the epic housing or the EWA marine bag? I searched through some old posts but most of the responses were from a couple of years ago. Any coments on these now that you have lived with them a while.
Thanks
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-29-2006, 11:58 PM Reply   
They were alright but you really cant see the view finder and there no good for surf.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-01-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
They'll work fine for wake/lake stuff. I have a SPL on order for ocean work but will probably still use the Ewa-Marine on the lake because of the bulk/weight factor.
Old                05-01-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
I have the Ewa Marine bag. Not the most comfortable for putting the camera in but it works quite nice.
I like the fact that the camera is floating on the waters surface when you don't hold it.
I only used it for closeup shots on the surface. The viewfinder usage seems OK to me. Anyway you mainly go for a "lucky shot" when a boarder passes by...

Here some thest pics from the first days:
http://www.mseidel.ch/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=16
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       05-02-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
Are the epic and Ewa not good for video because you can't see through the view finder? Is there a solution for that short of spending the $1500 or more for a pro enclosure?
Thanks
Old                07-04-2006, 4:29 AM Reply   
and on the latest Swiss Wakeboard stop I took some pictures of the Slider Session (from out of the water..)
It's in the section "SLIDER CONTEST"

http://www.mseidel.ch/pictures/index.php?cat=10
Old     (maple)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-04-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
I have owned two ewa housings and they have worked out great. I one for a gl2 and for a z1. The one thing that i like about the bag is that you have access to all of your buttons where as the hard housing you are limited to any button. If you want control of you camera with a hard housing they are expensive and heavy. I know I looked at one for my gl2, it was $1200 and weighed 18 lbs without the camera. That is good if you are shooting underwater where the housing is neutrally buoyant but above water it is going to be to heavy.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
If it's just for the lake then it should be fine but if if there is any possibility of bringing it into the ocean then steer clear of the Ewa Marine.

and IMO the plastic lens port on the Epic makes it a complete hunk of junk for anything where image quality is important.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 05, 2006)