Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    corkyswx2            09-19-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
Does anyone have towers mounted on their trucks? What about pictures. Considering putting one on and I'd like to see some photos of how others have turned out. -Courtney
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-19-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
what? why?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-19-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
G to the A to the Y - GAY!!!!!
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
whoa now, yeh my friend has a tower on his truck, ok no not a real wakeboard tower, (yes that would be extreamly gay) hes got like a roll bar in the back, looks nice but whats sick about it is hes got four tower speakers mounted to it. One word tailgating.... This thing is a beast at the tailgating parties before the LSU games. Ill try to get some pics.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-19-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
I wish I could just burn a thousand dollars and think nothing of it.

Old    walt            09-19-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
On the way home from the lake yesterday I saw a jeep with tower speakers mounted on his roll bar and it looked sick.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-19-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
My roommate has a Landcruiser with his top off and a roll bar with tower speakers mounted, its bada$$ because of the projection those things have, people can hear it from way off and everyone stares so its funny and then I laugh while pointing, but a WAKE tower, no that isn't legal due to it's extreme homosexuality
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-19-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
the part I find funny is that a boat without a tower is 'gay' looking but a truck with a tower is 'gay' looking...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-19-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   

quote:

the part I find funny is that a boat without a tower is 'gay' looking but a truck with a tower is 'gay' looking...

who said a boat w/o a tower is gay looking?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-19-2005, 8:51 PM Reply   
Uh Joe did you miss the obvious? Paul said it.

just messin. A roll bar is a completely different thing, they have function and are in the car. A wakeboard tower is well, you know...
Old    penny4urthots            09-20-2005, 12:30 AM Reply   
Doesn't anyone care about this sport anymore?

Man this scene was so legit back in the day, there was actually a true "core" following and movement taking place. Most of the community has "read" about it but I miss living it. Ahhh the days if innocence, back when the ski-sheep remained baaaaa-ssshful, and utterly horrified at the notion that their slalom time may become adversely effected if they dared to try "skurfing".

The guys I hung out and rode with were purely anti then, and to this day still run a tattered flag of InTeGrItY. Straight up soul-punk-purists that proudly pissed on the growing corpo-nazi-BIG-5 ideologies. With today's rising klan of kookateers out to make a mockery of the sport I love, I find myself slipping into a shade of reclusiveness.

If you feel you need "be the guy", do us a favor and go immerse yourself in rollerblading or something.

Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-20-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
Ok dude....if that is what makes you happy, but seriously what are you talking about?
Old    lunaraven            09-20-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
somewhere along the road of life english left me behind...
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-20-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
someone in the midwest militia has a jeep with monster racks on the roll bar, carries four boards. Not a bad idea if you think about it, a wrangler cant carry four boards without it.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
You might be a redneck if....
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       09-20-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/255277.html?1127236814

Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-20-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
So what we have is...
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
I remember seeing a couple of trucks with towers and speakers actually. One was at a boat show and some shop had put a tower on a truck with all of the speaker setups they had. Not sure if they drove it around like that or not though... The second I only saw a pic of in Wakeboarding Mag I think. It was a compact pickup with a tower and racks, all done up by Red Bull and was the prize for some comp.
Old    corkyswx2            09-22-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
Okay okay.. What about if it's on a brand new duramax diesel that is a shop truck- a work truck promoting our shop decked out on 22's, two 15" flat screens, huge stereo.....
just forget it I ever asked about the tower thing.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-22-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
Your guys shop had better be doing really well or you are going to blow the years income on a damn truck. Or your rich to begin with, in which case, BUY EVERYTHING!!! I'm for sale, buy me, aaahhhhhh!

Hooray for Mutiny Freeboards & all their nonexistent product! Yeah keep up the good work.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-22-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
Are you alright Big Heavy?
Old    corkyswx2            09-22-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
how much? haha just kidding! You could be like a monster tower girl but not.

(Message edited by CorkySWx2 on September 22, 2005)
Old    corkyswx2            09-22-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
..skiboarder4life... you lost me at the begining. what exactly does your post have to do with anything? This is a promotional tool for our shop, and, it can be useful for things like ditch riding (which is commonplace here in the fall and spring)... sorry to impose on you post-idealistic mantra. :-(
Old    ridersrefuge139            09-22-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
This caddi ran a few years ago, now it just sits..... and yes it has a jacuzzi in the back.

Old    corkyswx2            09-22-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen! Where did you find that? That's awesome.
Old    ridersrefuge139            09-22-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
it happens to be at my work, it was drivin in a parade about two years ago, they had a skate boarder towed behind it. and a buch of girls in the jacuzzi. it was a total custom job, thanks to the brian k.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-22-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Thane it's been a rough first week at school.

Courtney, I'm sure we could work out a good deal where we are mutually happy. Besides Courtney do you really want a Monster Girl? I mean it's cool if you swing that way and all but, oh nevermind. Plus I'm like the male version, ask everyone, I'm gorgeous. haha man has the week ended yet...
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       09-23-2005, 7:46 AM Reply   
lamo i see them on the golf carts at the wake shows now that looks pimp but on a truck would look super homo! hahah w/e its your money!
-alex-
Old    corkyswx2            09-23-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Big Heavy... I think I said "but not." Either way, you'd hafta wear a UF Bikini. I have one in my closet for ya. Ha-ha. Just kidding.

I'm not so sure about the golf cart thing... my bro had a lifted one on mud tires and chrome wheels for the MX races... I can't see a tower fitting on that though.

Oh, and thanks for the honest comments, guys. You wouldn’t want to have constructive criticism, would ya? Just straight for the jugular.

And yes, it is Friday, so the week is finally coming to a close. Thankfully.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-23-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
It cracks me up when someone brings up the purist argument...it fails on so many levels in this sport. Wake up and smell the exhaust, skiboredr.