Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-11-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
i have an 08 imperial 135 and its rated at 160lbs but i now weigh 185lbs what is going to happen when i try to ride it this year?
Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-11-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
It will probably explode into a million pieces.... I've also heard that if you exceed the weight limit a genie will come out of one of your bindings and grant you three wishes.
Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-11-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
No in all seriousness you probably won't notice a difference. You will ride a bit lower in the water (same surface area and more weight) and you may lose a bit of stability when you land. But it's negligible.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-11-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
It may ride a little different, but if you were used to it before, you shouldn't notice much of a difference. For your next board I would suggest something bigger, at least a 138
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-12-2010, 4:21 AM Reply   
Im 5-6 180 and i rode the marek for a while and i prefered the 136 over the 141. Its all just preference. The weight ratings are more like reccomendations.
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-12-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
your board will gasp and say "lose some weight fatty" lol
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-12-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
As Lee has said, it does come down to preference. I would recommend you at least give a longer board (around 141-143 cm) a shot and see how it feels. Most likely you'll notice it pops a bit easier and is also easier on your legs upon landing, as well as more stable. You may be surprised at how much you like it. Otherwise, you'll be fine on your current setup, especially if you haven't tried anything bigger. Good luck!
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-15-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
thanks guys first off its not fat i worked out alot during the winter after knee surgery and gained lots of muscle. second yes i want a new bigger board but im in college have no money and cant get rid of my board to get a new one. but thanks for all the help guys.
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-18-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
just kiddin you about the fat comment (cause 185 isn't fat imo). I am 6'0 and 180. Just bought the 139 Lyman and I thought long and hard about it. trying to decide between that and the 142 (I think that was the next size bigger) and chose the 139 literally because I would use that as a motivating factor to not gain too much weight over the summer, yes it's a stupid theory but whatever motivates me right? I can't imagine it making a huge difference but then again I'm not going out on the pro tour anytime soon.