Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (dusty1414)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-23-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
I've done my research, read the reviews but am looking for some feedback on the one bindings for 08, how do they fit? is a 10 a 10, good for wide feet, best binding ever, or just big hype?
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
i love my ronix one bindings. pretty flexible, have not fallen out of them yet, still in great condition, so comfy... a 10 from me.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-23-2008, 11:11 PM Reply   
I think he means is a size 10 a size 10. And with the ones I personally believe they run half a size big, so you might want to get a 9 as they pack out a bit.

The Cells run a full size big, IMO.

Both amazing bindings.
Old     (geva)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-24-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
i am also 10 and i have ronix one 10 size and it's totally fine...
it's the best bindings i've ever had
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
There comfy ya but durable??? no way my freinds. Ive broken the base plate in half twice and keep having to send em back to get fixed. Like I said are they a good boot? Maybe. Durable? I dont think so IMO.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-24-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
I rode the 08 ones for awhile, they were somewhat comfortable, but I switched to 08 shanes and am much happier.
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       07-24-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
i have a size 9 foot and I wear 10's... but i like my bindings to be a little big.

I love the bindings.

Dave- do you have the 07 or the 08 ones? the 07s were known for that but the 08s have a much stronger plate.

definately the most comfy binding ever.
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       07-24-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
o ya, they also have tons of support for your ancles.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-24-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Dave, the baseplate problems were fixed for 2008.

The 08 boot's are amazing. I wear an 11 Puma, UGP, Nike, and Ronix bindings, so I can confirm that they are true to size in my opinion.

Be sure to get them at a local board shop so that you can mold the liner, it makes all the difference IMO.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Caleb I have the 08's and I had them heat molded at herb baur in fresno. Still broke the plates brotha
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
you must be the HULK
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
No man just bad luck. I was at the castaic tourny last weekend and landed heavy on the back foot and the plate snapped. Prob 50 witnesses and Im only 160lbs. Just saying I like the boots they perform well and they are comfy but could be made a bit more durable.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-24-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
That is truly just a fluke then.

I have been riding the same 08 ONE bindings since early September of last year, and still havn't broken a base plate, or any part of the binding (also had trouble on the 07's with the laces).

That includes landing way out in the flats regularly, at least 4 double up's every day I go out, and regular hit's on rails, including presses that would be most likely to put stress on the baseplates due to the flex of the board.

Just for the record, I ride 4-5 days a week for about 45 minutes to an hour.

I personally have seen no return's on 08 Ronix bindings for the shop I ride for, and everyone I have helped to sell, or sold a pair to has marveled at their strength and durability, as well as performance.
Old     (uwwacsr)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-24-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
we've had zero 08 Ronix boots come back for warranty!
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
Call herb baur in fresno if you dont believe me. Im not knocking the product and Im not asking you to take my word, but what happened did happen and the guys at herb baur even commented that they had never seen it before so maybe its rare ya but it happened and send me me your phone number i took pics on my phone so ill send em to you. Like i said if your trying to call me out on this and say its a fluke I have plenty of proof and could care less how much you ride. Oh ya and from my understanding its happened to brad smeele a few times as well so it wouldnt call it impossible.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
And no offense to anyone posting. I think everyone trying to push this sport is a great thing and ronix is an awesome company, but just because you ride alot and it hasnt happened to you or someone you know doesnt give you the right to call someone a fluke or say you KNOW that it cant happen. Lets just get that straight and like I said Ill prove it if anyone questions my credibility
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
Im gunna find a way to get that pic posted by tonight Ill send it to my email then post it on here once I figure out how and then maybe youll think twice before calling someone a fluke K bud.
Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       07-24-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
Heres the proof, snapped right in half!Upload
Upload
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting that for me clint. Here you go caleb this is my broken ronix boot from last weekend I had my buddy post it for me because im computer illiterate. Still think its a fluke or will you think twice before calling someone out next time. Good luck with your riding and Im glad youve had better luck with the boots
Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       07-24-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
Dont get discouraged by the pics either, the ones are a extremely comfy binding, great ankle support, and really clean looking. But still have to improve on the base plate.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-24-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
dave, my buddy had the SAME thing happen after riding them less than 5 times... someone says a fluke?? I say a bad batch of base plates... I'm not bashing Ronix, I have the ones and love em, my lace sinches come loose which is a PITA but I deal with it by tieing over the sinch... anyways, what I was about to say is no bash to RONIX but there are not FLUKES in manufacturing, there are bad batches and defective product...
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Thanks man that was kinda my point too. I wasnt trying to knock ronix but when your plate breaks in half there definetly was a defect. I like the way they feel and ride thats why I wear them but I was just trying to give the original poster of this thread my experiences and got side bashed saying my experiences were a fluke. Not trying to drag it out either just hate feeling like someones trying to call me a liar and I appreciate your input bro. The ONES are great just probably a defective batch or just need to strengthin there plates. Keep shreddin bro
Old     (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-25-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
I have the 08 ones and I love them. 10's from me on level and size. I rode about half of this year without them molded and as soon as I did I had them reheated and didn't mold them and now they fit better than ever. The base plates seem to be a problem for some but so far nothing from me. A buddy of mine has broken two sets of base plates this year but he also has broken two ibex boards and 3 handles so I think its just he is riding and landing so hard. I've seen reps turn RONIX boards over, stand and bounce up and down on on them without as much as a scratch on them. Guess thats what the warranty is for.
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-25-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
Definitely love my 08 Ones! They haven't gotten a ton of use, so not sure on durability. Can only hope mine don't snap like that. Send em back, im sure they're covered.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       07-25-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
I just completely busted a base plate on my Cells a couple of days ago, and ripped out the inserts on the boot itself...it does happen! ha!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-25-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
My recent bindings and what I thought

Ones = Okay at best... never felt tight
Cells = Better than ones but too stiff
Shanes = AMAZING - Perfect
07 SS Drivers = Super Snug fit but bad design
08 SS D2's = Next best thing to the Shanes - AWEOMSE BOOT
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
I never called you out.In your own words you said "No man just bad luck," which is easily paraphrased as "a fluke."

And when did I ever call you a liar? You can go through this thread and try to find where not just me, but anyone called you a liar, and you will find that nobody doubted your story. Hell I cracked an 07' ONE in half last night at a rail jam. Nothing is perfect, i'm just saying two in a row is a 1 in a million kind of thing, it just doesnt happen that often.
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-27-2008, 11:46 PM Reply   
I love my pair i would give them a 10 for everything
Old     (jakesta9)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-28-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
hey i have a prob keeping my o7's tightly screwed onto my ibex. no matter how much locktitie there is. o and if anyone has a way to keep or get a ibex clean i need help. i sprayed it with glass cleaner on accident and it looks totaly thrashed
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       07-28-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Jacob, i had the same prob with my cells...Use Locktite..the red kind, and use a drill to screw them in. Dont overtighten them, but if you use a drill, you'll have more torque and i did that, let the locktite set and you'll be golden man..mine never came loose since.

When i broke my baseblate and binding, i even had trouble getting them out with the same drill, now im binding-less untill Ronix Sends me a replacement...

With that said, i expressed them to Ronix, Ryan said he would express them back, how are they with warantees? Are they quick?
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-28-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
I was having the same issue with loose screws on my Ones. I went and bought the Liquid Force Cam Locks. Haven't had an issue since, and can adjust on the fly. I found em at wakeside.com
Old    wakejjboard12            07-28-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
second the cam locks.
Old     (jenk2board)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-28-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Nobody called you a liar, and maybe you have a different definition of a "fluke." It simply means something surprising or unexpected. I have the 08's and love them, but there are usually exceptions.
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-29-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
I have had the 07 ones in a 12 and the 08 in the same size. I received the 08 from ronix due to the liners coming out of the 07 and plate breaking. The 08 have been redesigned and as of right now I have had now problems. The 08's however due seem a slight bit wider and bigger than the 07's did. I dont think that I could still wear a 11 but they do seem a 1/2 size bigger. They have been very comfortable and have stood up so far.
Old     (kayutalakemonster)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-03-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
I also snapped the plates. I was riding the covanent with them and just pressed way to hard. They sent me new plates within a week tho.