Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    burtography            04-19-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
what are peoples opinions about twin tip boards that are available. I mounted a second fin on the nose of my phase 5 prop last year but the shape doesnt work too well for switch riding.
i really like my phase 5, and i have surfed alot of different boards over the last 4 years of surfing full time

how is the xtreme skate??
Old     (wsdud)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-22-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
paul,
i need some help buying my next board. i have a 5'6" hyperlite broadcast now and we want something different, my son and i are 170 lbs. we think we want something smaller but do we stay with the thin skimboard style or the thicker surfboard style
Old    burtography            04-22-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
jim--
it really will depend on where you want to go with your surfing, i started as a purist coming from ocean surfing and just wanted to carve and be simple, that got boring,now am into the tricks and other things to stay challenged.
phase 5 is great for everything,just the resriction of being able to ride switch. thicker surfers seem to be slower edging and reacting to what the rider does, the phase 5 is quick and nimble and fairly stable.
gotta go slang some fresh salmon now-- does this help?