Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (crazyeye)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
Hey all you So Cal riders:

I've been going to Piru every weekend for the past couple of months. I've noticed that Piru gets blown out by 9:00 AM every time (no more glass). I've been to Pyramid and Castaic in the past, but don't really remember the water conditions. For those of you who have been riding these lakes lately, how long do the conditions remain nice? Also, is Pyramid full of algae yet?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-07-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
from what I have experienced, castaic is similar to piru with wind. pyramid has some islands out there that protect some of the water, but you do have a ton of jet skiiers up there. basically, you need to make sure you are on the water at sunrise to get any decent water around here. even then, you are not guaranteed anything. your best bet would be to get a ski cove membership at castaic. I have been pushing the people at piru about this, but they dont want to do any extra work.
let me know if you ever need a third.

Thomas
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-07-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Yep Sunrise!
Old     (crazyeye)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
Where does one get a Castaic Ski Cove Membership, and what does it entail?

This sounds interesting.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-07-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
You guys should come down to the Canyon Lake Comps sometime. Great way to get to know wakeboarders. Our contest is this Saturday and the next one after that is August 11.
Check out our website at http://wakeboardclub.com
Good Food, stuff for kids to do and a great place to network wakeboarding!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-07-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
I inquired at the front gate about the ski cove membership. I believe it is $500 per year. there is a ski cove that is shared amongst the skiiers and boarders. i think they operate with 15 minute rotations.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-07-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
The Canyon Lake comps are great!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-07-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
the cove at castaic does get you BETTER water all day but it still can get blown out and kinda rolly from passing boats but the price is deffinately woth it to get the membership if your an all day boater. theres a dock there to post up and hang out, conversate with other members and wait for your turn in rotation. depending on who is there and what you work out with them but technically you get 6 passes down and back out of the cove. when i lived down there thats where we rode almost everyday.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-07-2007, 11:06 PM Reply   
i was at castaic last week, i got there at 7:30 and it was already blown out