Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-22-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
I work at a boat dealership so I hear some stupid stories about boaters sometimes and this guy came in with a story that just took the cake today and I was just wondering if anyone on here has heard this before and would like to call BS on it as well.

So, there is a family that just bought a big sport cruiser, lets say a 36 ft Sea Ray. They get to the lake and launch the boat and start to drive it around only to find that the boat is very sluggish and doesn't handle like the day that they test drove the boat with the salesman. They head back to the marina and check things out and cant seem to find anything wrong with the motors and so they have one of the marina employees jump in the water to see if they might have something caught in the props. Upon doing so the marina employee comes back up gasping for air and then proceeds to start laughing as he says the trailer is still attached to the boat by the bow eye and the transom straps. WTF?

I didn't say anything to the guy, but I was thinking man... what a load of BS. How could anyone on the planet earth be stupid enough to launch a boat with the trailer on it. You would have to take the trailer off of the hitch on the ramp. I'm not to sure how far into the water you would have to back your truck to do this but I am pretty sure that you would sink your truck.

Anyway just curious if anyone else has heard this before. Ha I thought it might be good for a laugh. If anyone else has any good "stupidity" stories then lets hear them.