Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-01-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
What does everyone use on their boat? I'm getting ready to wax it up and wanted to find something that will give it that extra sparkle.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
Carnuba wax does the job for me but only on the side. Once before the boating season and once after the boating season. Also help during the season when you are cleaning your boat with the Babe's products. :-)
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-01-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
use a marine grade POLISH first. form my years in the repair industry i have seen many a boat detailed and all the good detailers i have talked to say the same thing use a polish it has oils in it that soak in to the gelcoat and will last longer and look better. i have found this to be very sound advice and use polish and would do the same if i were you. then you can put a coat of wax on.good luck and have fun!
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-01-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
My research is leading me toward 303 Aerospace Protectant. Yes, you use this instead of wax. It has an SPF of 40, which is critical to maintaining gelcoat. If you go to their website, www.303products.com, they have some interesting information on protecting gelcoat. They also explain two different ways to apply their product to gelcoat. I have used 303 on my vynil and love it. I have not used it in place of wax, but that is what I'm going to try next.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-02-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
http://www.autogeek.net/meg26hityelw.html

I use meguiars #26 wax. I like it the best. The Mequiars flagship boat wax works okay as well, but I really like the #26 better.
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-02-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I'll look into all these!