Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-14-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
save some for me Squid!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-14-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
That's a scary smily face J-Rod
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-14-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
Sorry 43 feet left you better hurry J-Rod
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-14-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
dude i want chrome studs on my bindings. id be like bling bling.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-14-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
48' with the handle though!!!

it's supposed to be a YAWN...all that ganja has burnt me out.
Old    dingo_davey            10-14-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
stephen hiltschers quote: "I mean isn't obrien still making skis?" Yes so is HO(hyperlite), Connelly(CWB) as well as others....
Old    chavezychavez            10-14-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
William, Stephan was just being a smart arse with that comment.

What the hell happened to this thread. It was all nice nice when I left last.

PS: Stephan, I actually didn't have a D-Up, I had (have still) a 03 Prem 140. Still rocking those CD's though. Man are they comfy on me.
Old    waterdog2            10-14-2004, 3:40 PM Reply   
Went to a new board shop today in murietta, picked up a new absolute for my girls, good thing that was what I wanted because liquid force and hyperlite wont let them sell thier boards. I dont quite understand why. Turns out the girl who's LF substance I found floatng now rides for this shop, CWB is going to fix her up with some new gear. That is putting there money where there mouth is. Props to CWB
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-14-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
Matt....Matt....Did you pass out?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-14-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
Jeff - Southern California Watersports rocks! Josh, the owner/operator, is always at our comps, helping out any way he can. Erica is one of the best riders, and nicest people I have ever met. Really awesome people/store!
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-14-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
Jeff and Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words!

We are glad to have helped you (waterdog2) pick out a board for your kids. Our online store has been a long time dealer for CWB.

We hope to add Hyperlite and LF in the future...Greg and Jason have been very candid about their current dealers and their desire to not overwhelm the region.

All in good time....

Josh
Old    waterdog2            10-14-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
Jeff-Have to agree with you. Today was my first time there, very down to earth people. Ill be back! Where can my girls and I watch erica ride, (comp)?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-14-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
Talk to Josh, he may be setting up some Ladies Ride days soon! Erica will certainly be involved.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-15-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
I agree Brandon
CWB never gets the respect they deserve
Can't wait to ride the new 05 plat, also looks sick
Like the "Hyperheavy" haha
Do not mind Hyperlite, but a lot of posers ride there boards
Got to stick with CWB, LF, Gator
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-15-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
So you would not ride a board, even if you truly liked it best, simply because you think too many posers are already on that board? That sounds pretty poser-like itself (claiming coreness). Just an observation,

Another observation - CWB seems to have the most loyal team out there. Who was the last top pro from the team that left? I can only think of Parks - and that was back when it was still Connely ('97, I think). Our own C-Dubs switched from CWB to HL 2 years ago, but he is just shy of top pro status.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-15-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
Why do people compare wakeboard companies by there sponsored riders????????? Who care what pro rides what!! I do not care if Parks rides for hyperlite, it does not make hyperlite any better. All that matters is who makes the better boards and bindings, not the company that spends more money on pro riders and advertising!!!! Not bashing hyperlite, its just that so many people think they are the best because Parks and others ride them. Put Parks on LF or O'brien and he still be on top
PS Parks has got to loose those boarding shorts that look like PJS
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-15-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
Derik, Before Hyprlite, Parks rode for Free Motion...never exactly a top contender. Hyperlite was still top of the market at that point in time.

BTW, my post was not to point out the sponsored pros, just that they seem to be very loyal to CWB, and that means that CWB is taking really good care of them. Probably not just the paycheck, but also with respect to input and R&D.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on October 15, 2004)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-15-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
Derik is right. I don't think that hyperlites boards cost so much because they are better boards, but it is because they have the more popular team riders and do the most advertising. Companies like Blindside, Double Up, and joyride sell their boards at cheaper prices because they dont have the high priced riders and advertisements. This doesnt mean their boards are crap, they can just produce cheaper boards without the additional fees.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-15-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
Jeff, Parks also rode for CWB back in the day. It was connley wakeboard then.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-15-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
I know (noted 5 posts ago)
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-15-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
oops I did a bad thing and didn't see it. darn you J-rod you let me have to much get high rope again.
Old    dingo_davey            10-15-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
hyperlite spends waaaaaaaaaaaay more on making their boards than other companies, that's why every board comes out so consistent and they don't have as many crappy ones popping out
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-15-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
Not to slam hyperlite but if they spend so much money on making boards why are there boards so heavy? (and do not tell me it for strength)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-15-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
They do it for strength. Honestly I believe that's exactly why they do it. It costs a lot less not to have to warranty every board that gets ridden hard. Not to say I'm completely right, buy in personal experience (except DNA boards) I have seen less hyperlite boards break than any of the others.
Old    dingo_davey            10-15-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
the edges are hand glassed for you guessed it extra strength, they are pretty heavy though. Is it just me or do DNA cores way basically the same as the bios?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-15-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
I can't complain about the strength of my Hyperlite Motive. When I'm riding on the cable, I hit a ramp or rail on the average of 1 every 20-30 secs. If I spend an hour out on the water that's 120-180 times my board hits something solid each day I ride. And it's holding up pretty good.
Old    dingo_davey            10-15-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
i meant *weigh not way
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-15-2004, 4:28 PM Reply   
and as jeff noted, chris switched to hyperlite from cwb. one (not the only by far), of the reason was because he was breaking so many of the cwb boards. so yes, part of hyperlite's appeal (at least to those that break boards - although i ride hyper that's not a problem for me), is their strength.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-17-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
The CWB team is the hottest team right now. In Perth the finished 1,2,& 7. At the worlds they finished 1 & 3 in pro and 2nd in jr. mens.
Old    lf2580            10-17-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
GO L.F.! Now those guys are on a roll!

(Message edited by lf2580 on October 17, 2004)
Old    wsrmatt            10-17-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
Thats cool cwb is doing good in contests but i think video parts and tv shows such as 54321 are way more important than contests. Heres the way i think of it. I barely ever see contests on tv. Maybe like three or 4 this year. And when i do see these contests everything is happening so fast you dont even notice who rides what board especially when you the average person who doesnt know much about wakeboarding. CWB doesnt really have a team image either like hyp or lf does. They seem more like guys that would be on a snowboard team kinda deal e.i. forum. As far as what deepstructure said about chris williams riding and breaking cwb boards. its true. chris said to me before he used to break about 25-30 boards each season on cwb before he switched to hyp but then again the kid hits every dub the same as randy would. Last time i watched him ride he was on a 90 ft rope going 28mph hitting double ups and triple ups. I dont know how his knees dont break cuz cuts like a raley at every double up and his smaller ones were still like 20 ft high and at least 20 ft into the flats but a few no joke he was like 25 ft up and landing out next to the boat. Just like that shot of chad sharpe doing that big indy glide, ive been seeing chris go that big for the past 5 years on every double up. Thats why he breaks more boards than probably most pros. You guys think cwb gets no respect, that kid gets no respect.