Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    k2rider            06-18-2003, 6:37 PM Reply   
I've got a brake light out and went to change the bulb. However, I found out it's a sealed light (duh!!). Are the lights "generic" in nature. I see them on Overton's and just want to make sure that they are a "one size fits most" type of thing. For what it's worth, we have a 2001 "Extreme" tandem trailer. Thanks...
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
Yes it is a one size fits all.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2003, 9:07 PM Reply   
Or you could buy the $40 LED bulbs which are supposed to be brighter and last longer but, haven't heard any first hand accounts to support the claims.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       06-18-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
Most auto parts store will have them for about $10.00. No need to order online unless you want to.
Old    k2rider            06-18-2003, 9:36 PM Reply   
Thanks, I'll check a couple shops tomorrow. I never even thought about that.
Old    tclagggym            06-18-2003, 9:55 PM Reply   
Just make sure it's not the wire for the brake light in your plug first. Use tester or switch other light.

Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-19-2003, 12:21 AM Reply   
Dont know what others experience is but mine is that there are many different brands of trailer lights on the market, some have sealed assemblies you can change out without replacing the whole light assembly and some you can just change the bulb, the ones that have a sealed module inside the light im sure are different from brand to brand
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-19-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
I have LED lights all the way around on my trailer and I will say that I will never own another trailer without them. They are super bright and really stand out! I don't currently have a picture of them when they are on, but I should soon. I have a Boatmate Trailer, and it is definately an option to consider if anyone is about to purchase a new boat.

McFly
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
yea, i just picked all the led lights for my trailer, going to put them on later
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-19-2003, 4:06 PM Reply   
A picture is worth a thousand words:
look at http://www.championtrailers.com/SUBMERSIBLE_LIGHTS.htm

The lights on my trailer are the module shown at the top of the page. The lamp is just held in place by being a tight fit into the rubber hood that is held in place in the frame of the trailer.

These are the lights I have had on all my trailers and I consider them to be the way to go.
Old    k2rider            06-19-2003, 5:21 PM Reply   
Thanks Rod, the oval ones are exactly what I have. I called the trailer dealer today and they told me I should be able to get them at any Wal-Mart as well. If not, I'll get them off your link, that's the cheapest I've seen them.