Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2014, 10:58 AM Reply   
Seeing how Summer is around the corner and you might be blowing the dust of the old BBQ and finding out the its time for a new grill I wanted to share what Info I came across.

I had a Charbroiler , It was a well used but a very functional grill. It started acting up and that started me on the Quest for a new grill. It turns out all I needed was to replace the burners $15 on Amazon and the grill was working like new. But in my quest for a New grill I had discovered how cheep and light weight the Charbroiler was. A simple trip to Home Depot and a side by comparison will show you how the Webers are SOLID. The price reflects it. The Webers are almost 2X the price of the Charbroilers. And yes there are much more Expencieve Grills on the market, We have a Viking BBQ at the family house and yes it's an nice grill but I cant say it's any nicer then the top of the line Weber. And it doe's EXACTLEY the same thing in the same amount of time.

So Weber has 3 Lines, "Sprint" is the Entry level grill "Genesis" is the Mid Line "Summit" is the top of the line.

I had my Eye on a "Genesis" E30 is a $719 grill with 3 burner's Pic #1

Well I had heard that Weber made grills for Kenmore and labeled Kenmore Elite. So I took a trip to my local Sears to check them out and sure enough the Kenmore Elite was pretty much the same grill as the Weber "Genesis" Pic #2 Sears had the Kenmore Elite for almost 1/2 the price as the Weber and even offer 20% off for the floor model pic #3
I even made a run back to Home Depot to see if I could spot the differences in the Weber vs the Kenmore. They were pretty much he same. The Weber had a thicker tub but not by much.
So I loaded it up and for around $400 I was out the door with a cover!

So if your in the market for a Weber but wanna save some $ check out the Kenmore Elite. FYI the New models are coming in so Sears is selling what ever they have on sale.
Attached Images