Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    teenhack            01-16-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
I assume CWB wanted us all to make the reference Zeus, king of the gods therefore king of the bindings. But are they really worth the price?
I can definetly see how a softer landing pad and a stiffer heelcup can make the difference. But for $300 theres alot of other bindings out there... Anybody own or demoed these bindings and can give me their honest opinion?
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-16-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
Yes and you can get them cheaper than that price.
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-16-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
As far as CWB goes, yes it is their best binding. I have tried all but their Grips. They are far the best. Had a pair of Vibes. Very stiff and uncomftable. In fact they broke.
The Zues are easy on and off. And are very comfy while having great support. Now are they worth the $300.00.......Maybe try Ebay. They ARE worth a look and a demo.}}
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
300 dollars is an average msrp om the zeus and not bad because they are every bit as good or better then the top other brands pro line bindings..

like people said you maybe can get them for a few bucks cheaper but they are worth trying..

i am a believer as well as four of my friends ...

Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-17-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
i have the zeus as well. i love them, as much as one can love bindings without being "weird"

another good thing about them is the pieces are very easy to replace, due to the design. this is handy when you break your leg real bad and the EMTs cut the binding off your foot. haha
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
yea Tim i bet you loved them real lubed up :-)
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
I just received my second pair of Zeus' and wouldn't think of using another pair. I have so much more control of the board because of the bindings. Very soft landings, easy to get on and off, plus the are some of the lightest on the market. The best out there. Just look at Hyperlite's, they are way more expensive, very heavy, and in my opinion aren't near the quality of CWB.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-17-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
Hey MAC - where have you seen them cheaper?

The cheapest I've seen for the 2004's is $329 and the cheapest I've seen for the leftover 2003's is $279. I haven't seen a pair on eBay for sometime now.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-17-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
Compared to the other high end bindings that seems pretty comparable. I tried them and didn't like them too much, I mean they were nice but I settled on CWB's Vibe's I liked their forward lean and for my foot shape i felt I could get the toe laces tighter on the VIbe. I think the CWB bindings are all worth their price.
Old    teenhack            01-17-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
Wow I thought $300 seemed a reasonable price. I found $239.99 once but I think it was just a special because I have seen them since...
They look like an awesome binding with great comfort and equally matched in support. Hoping to demo them this spring...
Old    tclagggym            01-17-2004, 10:22 PM Reply   
I broke my first pair from some pretty hard landings.So I tried 3 different bindings, and when I went back to the Zues bindings I could tell how nice they really are.
Old    wakeair            01-18-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
This year's and last year's Zeus bindings are the same right? In other words, a carry over from last year? They look identical in photos. The cheapest price I know of for the '04 is $299.99. The cheapest price I know for the '03 is $273.99 on special.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-18-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
Chris - where did you find the 04's for $299?

Thanks.
Old    teenhack            01-18-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
Just email boardshops (even online ones) and ask them the lowest price they can offer them to you at. I know Adrenaline water sports and vmwake.com are awesome about beating or meeting comptetior prices.
Old    wakeair            01-18-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
David-
www.adrenalinewatersports.com
You won't find it on their website because they "aren't allowed to show their super low prices." They have something called "the e-mail deal price" which is the price they give you when you e-mail them asking for their e-mail deal prices. Just do that and you will get a whole list of prices on wakeboards and bindings.
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-19-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
David,

Or you can try www.vmwake.com

They will match or beat any deal out there. .
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-19-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
Ian - I have owned/ridden 02 and 03 Parks and 04 Temets and can say without a doubt that my 04 Zeus bindings are the best I have ever put my feet into. They are very comfortable yet flexible. My only gripe might be that there is an arch support incorporated into the footbed that takes a little getting used to but that's it.

I believe I paid around $329 for mine
Old    teenhack            01-19-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
Yeah the most common scenario I've heard of is people switching from the Parks. I've never myself demoed a pair, but many of my friends have and said that it looked to fragile for their liking. Is the Zeus a binding that will last as long as I do and if not, is CWB good about delivering on the warranty?
Old    swrecruiter            01-19-2004, 11:09 PM Reply   
I’ve used the Parks bindings for about a year, while they’re difficult to get on and off, they do have extra support. Although, I’ve switch this year to the Zeus because of similar ankle support and competitive price. I’ve had several issues that required warrantee and dealing with Hyperlite is a nightmare that I do not wish to have again, my local dealer made me pay for repairs and suggested that I seek reimbursement directly from Hyperlite after 6 months of my purchase – that sucked.

Other readers suggested two online stores for CWB. I wanted to add that vmWake.com matches prices, but they also provide free shipping and are giving away free DVD’s and VHS Wakeboard movies on CWB purchases. They also extend their pricing guarantee for 30 days, so you’re protected on price for at least a month.
Old    teenhack            01-21-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
Yeah thats who I'm looking to buy my new CWB Absolute Platinum/Zeus combo from. Talk to Chris because he has really helped me alot and is all about giving you the best price possible.