Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-14-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
I just got a new 2007 Liquid Force Jett wakeboard. I think I like the graphics better on this board than the 2008. I also bought the Minx bindings because I wasn't sure if my old hyperlite bindings would work on a LF. I have heard a lot of good things about the Minx and the Transit. So I was wanting to get everyone's opinions on the bindings. I was thinking of selling the Minx and getting the Transits. What are the differences between the two of them? Which one and why does everyone like one over the other? I haven't tried them on because if I am going to sell them, I want to leave them in the wrapper. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-14-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
I've used both, and they're both nice boots. The transits go a bit higher on your leg, and are a much stiffer boot. The minx are still supportive, but are a lot more flexible - both are comfortable!! If you have ankle problems, I'd suggest the transits, but otherwise I'm sure you'll love the minx.
Old     (lexirunner)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-15-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
I have transits and I love them. I've never tried the minx though so I have no comparison for you.
Old    wakejjboard12            05-15-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
i had the '06 transits and only rode them like half a season. they were SUPER tight on my feet and everyone who tried them on. got the right size for my feet they were just TOO small. not sure how the new ones are compared to those but you might wanna look into sizing before you buy. other than my toes turning purple they were good.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-17-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
I do like the transits much more than the minx. I like that they're a bit stiffer and that they ride higher. I think they're more supportive. About the sizing I'd say if you ride a women's 7, get the men's 7. And the 07 Transits look very cool on the 07 Jett (that's my setup!)
Old     (futurerx)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-22-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
i like the transits, but i've noticed that they are pretty wide..definitely try to demo them
Old     (bekah)      Join Date: May 2008       05-31-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
I LOVE my Minx's, but I need a new pair of bindings by next summer... mine are starting to get pretty worn. Not a fan too much of the new Melissa's... is the Transit okay?
Old    wakejjboard12            06-02-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
how can you not love the new melissa's? is it just the velcro look you don't like? these are THE MOST comfortable/functional womens boots out.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-03-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
Im getting the Wings!! I tried them and think they're very comfy, better than the melissas. I know the velcro thing is quick, but I dont like that it is harder to tighten (you need to pull hard) and that the velcro thing will come undone in hard falls.

The Transits are awesome bindings, I wouldve gotten them again, but I just dont like the looks for this year, and Im gonna give closed toe a try.
Old     (wakegrl2109)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-04-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
I love the transits, they have really good support and they aren't really wide as said above. But mine are older and Im not to fond of the newer ones, they fit really snug and are hard to stretch out. There aren't any minx this year but the mellissa's are awesome if you like lots of flex and movement (really comfy). The only thing I have heard but for the vantage, which is the guys version, is that if you take them on and off alot like at a cable park or such than the velcro wears out and doesnt stick

another binding that might be worth trying on is the Ronix Rise Boot. I have seen them but didnt get to try them on and I was really impressed. (this is emily copeland's boot)

(Message edited by wakegrl2109 on June 04, 2008)
Old    wakejjboard12            06-06-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
i thought the '08 melissas were easier to tighten and i actually got them tighter than my '07 which = better support for my crappy ankles!