Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (2manytoys)      Join Date: May 2007       11-19-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
O4 x-2 with zero flex tower.. fixing to install speakers but just wanting to check with others on where they drilled for the wires. Bottom of the tubes, inside the slotted crossmember. or took out the screws on the top. Any pics or info appreciated.
Old     (2manytoys)      Join Date: May 2007       11-20-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
Whats a guy gotta do to get a question answered around here LOL
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-20-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
Post some pics of your tower (joints, hinges, pivots, feet, etc) and I'll tell you where I would drill.

The main thing is to find out if the wire will pass through the above named points, or do you have to pop out and then back in to the tower at these points and will it pass trough the tubing, through the gunwale/deck or will you have to fish it out at the foot and drill a hole through the boat just for the wire. May require unbolting a front or back foot to see.
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
There is already a hole in the drivers side front tower leg for the tower light, but you will only be able to get enough wires for 2 speakers up there, if you are having 4 speakers you will need to drill a hole from under the front observers locker into the tower leg, and drill 2 holes the same as the driver side where the tower light wires are.Upload
Old     (2manytoys)      Join Date: May 2007       11-20-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
There is already a hole in the passenger side vert tube.. so I have to drill one in the horizontal beside the windshield and the bottom of the foot.. Tower is same as above pic. I just cant decide whether to take the allen head set screws out of the top of the tower or drill holes right where the slots are at the speaker mounting point. The allen headed screws are in between the speaker mount plates spaced evenly. but then the wires would show coming out the top and down to the speakers. X2 rider where do your speaker wires come out at?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-20-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Places NOT to drill holes.
Not on a bend. Not on the top. Not within 1" at least of any weld. Not within 2" of any other hole.
That's just to stop any unnecessary stress or cracks.
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2007, 1:36 AM Reply   
I have genuine 03 MasterCraft cans and the wires are all hidden, they come though the mounting bracket.
Sorry about the picture quality, but its nightime and raining in the Land of Aus at the moment.

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by x2rider on November 21, 2007)
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2007, 1:42 AM Reply   
Another pic

Upload
Old     (2manytoys)      Join Date: May 2007       11-21-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
Thanks x2 they must have drilled the speaker wire holes inside the mounting slot. which is what I had thought about doing. Thanks for the pics. I wish my mounting brackets were so smooth. but they are the bar clamp style..Tantrum cans.. Thanks
Old     (engloid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-24-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
I would try to run the wires the same route that the light wire is ran. Some good advice was posted about where NOT to drill. ALso keep in mind that drilling on top will let more water in the tower. It's a good idea to put some silicone in the hole to seal it, after running the wires.