Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-21-2004, 2:48 AM Reply   
hello!!

Yesterday I landed my first backroll and I'm able to do (grapped) 180s and 360s!!

My question:
what's the next invert after a backroll?? It's tantrum??

AND: what's the easies TS invert??

greets
beach boy
Old                08-22-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
So, i decided to try a raley!!

On my first attempt, I made a whole front flip!!
I don't think my second attempt was so bad, but when I popped up I slipped out of my right (rear) binding!!

this is a pic of my second attempt!!
I think the only wrong thing is that I slipped out, but the position of my body is quite good!!

greets from austria!!
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Just be sure you "wait on the pop". Let the wake throw you. You should also start working in your TS, maybe a TS front or TS backroll.
Old                08-25-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
one more thing:

what's easier, ts frontroll or ts backroll??

thanks

greets from austria!
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-25-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
keep an eye on my thread (first ts invert???)in the main discussion. it asks the same question
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-10-2004, 8:04 PM Reply   
i was talking to a pro and he said that he usually teaches the ts backroll as the first invert...but i dont know
Old     (smokedawg311)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-18-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Scarecrow. very easy ts invert. keep the handle low (next to hip) edge in and almost trip over top of wake. look inbetween your arms and and under your right shoulder. you will be very disoriented first few, but if you just focus on getting the handle back to your hips, the 180 will do itself. dont even think about it. good luck on the progression. thats what riding is all about.
Old                03-04-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
ts backroll is fairly easy. just remember to go all the way up the wake and get your pop first. also a roll to revert is also a nice second invert. when you come around to land the roll(with your eyes open) once you see the water let go with your back hand. if you let go too early you will overrotate the revert part. you will be so surprised how easy it will be.

good luck h-bomb
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-07-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
My first was the ts backroll. however I ride RF forward or GOOFY foot. For some reason all the people I talk to like the tS back if they are GOOFY. Just do what feels natural. I have been told by most pros just do what feels natural. Think about the motions that go into a trick and if it does not feel natural then dont do it. After the TS back I went to the tantrum b/c essentially it is a back flip. The problem with the tantrum that can freak you out is that it take alot of power to make it hapen. Just load up and go bro.

PS make sure that you are consistent at one trick before going to the next