Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-22-2010, 8:28 PM Reply   
i need help ..... whoever or whatever ...... im stuck at this point ...... all input glady accepted

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-22-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
sooo close frank!

too bad you arent riding with the legendary James Walker tomorrow. he could probably give you some pointers

haha
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2010, 8:38 PM Reply   
Frank its better to lower you center of gravitty, so bend your knees and go down so you can better react when you are loosing wave.
I am doing always same mistake
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-22-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
i think im too fat ....... every time i come around i feel dead in the water ...... now a couple times i felt the board " surfing " under me the entire turn ..... is that what i should be feeling?

@mitch ...... someone even asked me if he could bring a girl?
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2010, 9:42 PM Reply   
Frank great work!!! I am about at the same point as you! I hope someone can throw us the magic solution of how to keep the wave after the rotation. It seems easier for those 170# light weights. Us big guys got it rough!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWH_UqBjzyg
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-22-2010, 10:09 PM Reply   
@ bigcapt .... aw dude that was so close .... too close LOL ..... ive even had a few pumps and couldnt get it going ..... probably have to end up perfectly on the downslope to get it to go ..... ive been like this for a couple weeks now
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wofrankwo View Post
@ bigcapt .... aw dude that was so close .... too close LOL ..... ive even had a few pumps and couldnt get it going ..... probably have to end up perfectly on the downslope to get it to go ..... ive been like this for a couple weeks now
Part of my problem is I am not good at pumping. When I try to pump I just seem to fall back further on the wave. Its been like this all summer for me! LOL One of these days the sun, moon, and stars will align correctly and the surf gods will look down upon me favorably and I will land one! I would really like to order me a TWP bazooka and give it a go and see if it being a little shorter and faster would give me that little edge I need to pull it off! Let me know if you figure it out!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-23-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
heres another almost fom yesterday

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-23-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Yo Frank that first attempt was almost a 5 LOL. Keep it up you almost have it down! Nice job!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
Check out frank about 1:30 in on this video.

Last edited by ragboy; 08-23-2010 at 4:22 PM. Reason: specified wrong position.
Old     (ryan387)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-24-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
Dude I think you will have better luck if you snap a turn at the crest and use your momentum coming down the wave to flow into the spin. If you do this you will also be closer to the transom at first then you will have time to recover and won't slip back past the pocket. I'm no coach, just a thought haha
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-24-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
i understand what you mean ...... i took another little step yesterday as i learned to just turn harder and faster ...... took a few times to get the board under me but almost got it last time ....... so harder faster and higher ..... sounds alot like sex
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2010, 12:41 AM Reply   
lol, frank, you crack me up.
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
My buddy finally landed one yesterday behind my boat. Happens about 40 seconds in on the video. Sorry about the poor camera work. I was driving and filming. I'm pretty stoked for him even though he landed it before me! He is 6'3" and weighs about 230#. Riding a Grindwater Ginsu which he LOVES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMIR2VbpAyM
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan387 View Post
Dude I think you will have better luck if you snap a turn at the crest and use your momentum coming down the wave to flow into the spin. If you do this you will also be closer to the transom at first then you will have time to recover and won't slip back past the pocket. I'm no coach, just a thought haha
Ryan any time I start up too high on the wave I always end up on top of the wave with no way to recover. If I pick up speed and then do a bottom turn to start the spin then I at least end up on the correct spot on the wave but I have lost too much speed to keep it going.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
@bigcatpt, Jungle Love, really? ;-)

Thats very cool. You guys get as excited as we do with Jessica. It will be a while before she pulls a 360 though. :-)
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
@bigcatpt, Jungle Love, really? ;-)

Thats very cool. You guys get as excited as we do with Jessica. It will be a while before she pulls a 360 though. :-)
You gotta love Steve Miller Band! We listen to a pretty wide range on the boat! LOL

Yes we get pretty pumped when someone pulls off a trick they have been practicing!!!!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-25-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
well hopefully todays the day ..... ill be downloading madonna like a virgin the very first time ..... i may use a secondary rope wrapped around my waist that uncoils when i spin and will pull me through