Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-29-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
I'm having trouble finding a wrench to fit onto my SAN prop shaft. It's too tight and not dripping at all. It's such a tight space, what have you guys had success with? Thanks!!!
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-29-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
channel lock pliers do a good job in the limited room you have to work with. Just take off the safety wiring first that holds the lock nut to the fixed shaft and remember that it is a left-handed thread.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       05-29-2003, 3:26 PM Reply   
I thought that newer SANs had a dripless packing gland? I know my friend's 02 does. You may want to find out before hand if you don't already know. I use pipe wrenches to adjust my boat's packing. I have seen smaller ones made just for that purpose.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       05-29-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
Here's a wrench at westmarine.com. $8.99.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=25825
wrench
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
Try a Ford wrench. You'll need to 2 of them.
Old    dholio            05-29-2003, 4:45 PM Reply   
Some have the dripless and some don't. It is an option. Check to see how warm the shaft is getting. It is ok to not drip as long as you don't get too hot.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-29-2003, 6:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info! It isn't dripless and I'm ordering the wrench Jay left the link for. I'll feel how hot it's getting tomorrow.
Old    str8jkt            05-31-2003, 1:15 AM Reply   
I bought that exact wrench at the hardware store where they call it a "faucet wrench" or whathavya. Just look in the plumbing stuff, I grabbed 2 for 10 bucks each. Didn't want to wait to order it. Works good. not much room down there.