Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    whitechocolate            04-22-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
I noticed last weekend that while out on the water If I crack open my passenger side seet just a bit, the bass creep's out much better and dosent vibrate the hell out of my carbon fiber glove box lid, It seems as if the built up air pressure cause's lot's of rattle's/vibration when a heavy bass note hit's, So I decided to cut some vents in my passenger side seet. Here's the latest

Old    whitechocolate            04-22-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
Im off to have the vents coverd in grill cloth
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-22-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
I think that Pheaton did this in his boats too. He covered the new "grill" with material that matched the interior and it looked stock.

I don't have any pics with me, but I went a little more "ghetto" route and used 3" ABS drain covers around the base of my observer's seat to do the same thing. I did the round vents because I had installed a round Perko locking latch on the base of the seat to secure it. The vents matched in size and color.
Old    whitechocolate            04-22-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
Finished.

Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-22-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
Grant,

Bling, bling allright.

Same thing on the SV211's but we don't have the kick plate you do (only the actual seat is hinged). Clubmyke and I were trying to figure out a way to convert the drop in cupholders to a bass vent. Yet another potential mod for you to work with.

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-22-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
I was planning on installing a white marine speaker grill on the front of the passenger seat base but I ended up installing the sub in the driver's footwell. The second sub will probably go under the little back seat base if I ever around to installing them. For now I have been boarding in my free time instead of wrenching.

I know Grant... I can't hang with you guys with cheesy solutions like that but I like to keep it simple (K.I.S.S. - keep it simple stupid, that's my agenda).
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-22-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
that is precisely why i moved my subs from under the passenger seat to under the drivers dash.

good idea with that though!