Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       08-27-2012, 6:26 AM Reply   
I just have to share this story as it brought a huge smile to my face and that of my crew. There is a nice cove at Norris lake where some folks like to hang out and it also has a slalom course. I am a mediocre wake boarder and not much better at slalom, but I do enjoy the challenge of skiing the course. On many occasions we have had to ask folks to move their boat to open up the course and have all been helpful and friendly. However, sometimes you get the feeling that boats in the cove get a little irritated when someone is skiing the course as the one end requires a high speed, high performance turn (it is pretty narrow). I feel bad disrupting their piece, so we only make a few passes then take a long break. Well, on Saturday I made a few passes and let go of the rope fairly close to a MasterCraft wake boat that was no doubt unconvinced by our turns and wake (sorry guys). Well, when I stop I hear them all cheer and start blasting "Woopm, There It Is" on their system! It was pretty cool to see the camaraderie between water-sports. I love cheering for other boats when I see someone land a nice invert or even just look "sharp" and as if they have mastery of their sport and it was really cool to receive the same.

Anyway, I just wanted to share and let you all know that it sure was a bright spot in our day.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-27-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
As long as your not doing it on a tube and going in circles then it is cool with me. The cove I try to wakeboard in at Ft. Loudon Lake sucks. It is full of wakeboard boats pulling tubers. I counted 15 - 20 boats all pulling people yesterday. The water was more choppy than the main channel.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       08-27-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Are you in the cove near Concord? I frequent that cove and it can get insane! I agree, that any sport that shows lack of respect for others will not be well received.