Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (WakesurfSanDiego)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-25-2014, 11:27 AM Reply   
Thinking about organizing a yearly WAKESURF event here in San Diego.
We wakesurf year round here, San Diego & Mission Bay water today is 57 degrees.
Outdoor air temperature has been 70 & 80 most of January.
We would probably start small, 2-3 boats, 10-20 "participants".
Thinking more about the "good time vibe" than a "contest" vibe.
(Plus, I don't want the hassle for the first few years or begging the pros and sponsors to show up)
Simple format, where everyone has fun, and gets to ride on different boats, and gets to try out different boards...
Maybe a two day weekend event, with a Saturday night party in the middle.
RV Friendly
Couch Surfing Matchmaking
Low Cost Hotel suggestions
BBQ Lunch Saturday and Sunday on Fiesta Island, or some other RV & Boat Friendly spot
This year, with some time to organize, that leaves maybe Feb 22-23 as the target date, giving me 4 weeks to organize it, and still call it a Winter / February event. (If you have other ideas for dates that do not conflict with other wakesurf events, let me know)
Financials:
BYOBT - Bring your own boat to share - Riders will help with gas $ - Half of the boat time will be your private / family time on the water, half of the boat time will be available to others who want to check out your boat, (and you can send your family along to check out other boats)
BYOBD - Bring your own board - But don't bring anything you are not willing to share. Everyone gets a chance to check out and ride other boards that look interesting. Riders will make small contribution for gas
Thoughts / Ideas / Input ?
Call Marco at 619-518-three,zero,zero, one
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-25-2014, 11:44 PM Reply   
Great idea, kinda like a potluck surfing event. If something like this happened up here It'd be something I'd definitely hit up.
Old     (WakesurfSanDiego)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-30-2014, 6:34 PM Reply   
Synthetic Swell - First Event of the 2014 Wakesurf Season
Saturday February 22, Lake Elsinore
Sunday February 23, Mission Bay
http://bit.ly/1fB9WpS
We already have 8 boats coming to the event, and over 40 surfers.
We expect to have 10-12 boats total, and 70-100 surfers...
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-01-2014, 10:06 AM Reply   
Post lots of pics/vids when it goes down. If I wasn't 1500 miles away, i'd surely be in attendance. Keep up the good work!