Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2011, 2:03 PM Reply   
I have been toying with the Idea of building my Own Ipod Boom box, I have been intrested in the looks and the style of the older Boom Box's. I love how huge and crazy they were. I found this video on youtube about the Histroy of Boom Box's kind of funny what some people collect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e84hf...eature=related

Just think what you could build with all the current list of High powerd compact amp's and AGM/Lipo Batterys.HCLD speakers and thin line Light weight sub woffers in a fiberglass box with some cool led's.

You could build one bad motha trucka!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
They had these guys at Sams CLub for $100 around xmas...

http://www.ionaudio.com/blockrocker

If you are going for customizing then you could use the guts and build your own box.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2011, 6:04 PM Reply   
Grant.. do it! I would love to see you build something like this. That was my generation and still crack-up at the things we did/thought were cool. Awesome video.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-04-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
I remember my first time.........................
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-04-2011, 3:11 PM Reply   
Grant, I'm sure you'd do a great job at building this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ps3z...eature=related

PS. Have you put any more thought into that battery longevity test?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-04-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
John: Thanks for the Link, I just orded one of the ION Block Rocker's $100 you cant go wrong. Ill let you all know how it sounds when it gets here next week.

If it sounds like crap It might get gutted and become a foundation for a crazy Boom Box. I have a 10W7 laying around and few old amps and a beefey power supply LOL
Old    bigdtx            02-05-2011, 5:24 AM Reply   
http://www.amazon.com/Lasonic-i-931X...&s=electronics
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-05-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
Yea I have seen that. That Lasonic is pretty cool but for some reason it reminds me of a Cheep amp with lots of bling on it and they spent more time on flash then Sound or Build Quality. I guess kind of like the Orignal LOL.

I still think there is a Un tapped market for a portable High Quality Boom Box Ipod style.

I remember seeing a guy at the beach who had a Roll around Beat box for a Ipod that had a battery and came in it own protectieve travel case that had wheels on it and had a pretty large battery that the guy said would play for hrs. I never saw one like it again and I forgot the name of it
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdtx View Post
That looks like the exact same boom box that was on Pawn Stars. I think Chumly gave the guy around $80.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
I got it yesterday
Attached Images

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2011, 1:47 PM Reply   
When I saw that at Sams I thought it would make a good "backyard party" guitar amp combined with a battery power multifx and using an iPod for backing tracks, and a mic for vocals. Must have a pretty decent battery if it works as claimed.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
I got the referbished unit $99. Came to my house for $115. Its pretty cool. Sounds real clean. Volume is good. bass is just a bit week. I bet they have it turned down pretty low so the battery plays for the 12hrs advertised. It will link multiable units together. It has a volume control for each of the 3 imputs.
For $100 its a real solid unit. Im happy with with it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
Another thing is the Boom Box can charge a I phone under battery power