Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    lovin_my_kids            09-28-2004, 1:41 AM Reply   
OUR PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS GO OUT TO TYLER, WE LOVE YOU BUD, AND HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY, TYLER WAS IN FLORIDA RIDING AND HAD A TERRIBLE FALL IN WHICH HE HIT DEBRI LEFT OVER FROM THE HURRICANE. UNFORTUNATELY, HE DID NOT HAVE A HELMET ON AND HURT HIMSELF BADLY, IF YOU READ THIS, TYLER IS A GREAT GUY AND PLEASE IF YOU COULD JUST SAY A LITTLE PRAYER FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY. GET WELL SOON BUD, FROM THE RACINELLI FAMILY.
Old    pdawg            09-28-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
I am sorry to here about Tyler he is a good guy, i hate hearing about people getting hurt while wakeboarding it really bums me out. I will be praying for you Tyler. From perry richmond and the crew.
Old     (coopair)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-28-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
Wow how sad, so sorrry to hear that as Tyler is one of the best riders that we know. He is also one of the nicest kids out there. Tyler our prayers and thoughts for a speedy and succesful recovery are sincere and we look forward to seeing you at home and healthy. Don't hesitate to call if there is anything we can do to help.

Jeff, Sue, Cristina & Cooper Swink
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-28-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
I'll be praying for you Tyler! Get well soon!
Old    corey_marotta            09-28-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Tyler has to be one nicest guys I have meet in a long time. Not only is he great to be around but he is one of the best up and coming riders in my opinion.

Everyone here has Tyler in our thoughts and prayers.

Corey, Billy, and Tony
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-28-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Our family has known Tyler for the past 4 years and he is a great kid. He will come out of this as good as new. We are just glad to see the people in the boat act so quickly. Good luck Ty.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       09-28-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
Good luck Tyler
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-28-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
This is Jeffs wife. I got a call from him last night at 11:00pm (as he was pulling an all nighter for Nextel) telling me he had just got the call from Rock Star Robbie Davis telling him about Tyler. I felt so terrible. Tyler is one of the nicest young men I have met in this sport. He always has a smile on his face and is just a pleasure to be around. Jeff and I send out our prayers for Tyler and his entire family. If there is anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-28-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
Damn, Tyler & I judged the Double Up Tournament at Castaic a couple weeks ago. They were heading to Florida right after the event. I hope he is doing okay, what exactly happened? Get better Tyler, we can't be having a West Coast ripper go down. Thought & prayers.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-28-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
From what I heard, he was doing a simple trick(180), caught an edge and did a hard face plant into a log. He was lying face down when the boat came around. They got him in the boat quickly and when he came to, he started thrashing around and convulsing. They rushed him to the ER. From what I heard the hospital didn't do anything until he thru-up and passed out. I guess they took him in immediately to remove the pressure of a blood clot. Last night he was able to talk with his father to tell him they were going to keep him for 3-4 days. If I hear anything more, I will post it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-28-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
OOOUCH! That sounds like a punishing fall. What are the chances of landing on a log?

Hopefully he makes a speedy recover. Thanks Tom.
Old    lovin_my_kids            09-28-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
This is the latest, Troy called Anthony around 11:30 or so they had just gotten him out of surgery, they placed two metal plates in his skull, and was doing great, I am heading to Florida tonight and plan to go to the Hospital and see him if they will let me, I will let him know that many people are praying for him, and wishing him well. Thanks for replying everyone, this is a great sport, and I hope that anyone, who questions the Helmet maybe thinks twice now. Your head is so important and needs protection.
Thanks again,
Ange
Old    lovin_my_kids            09-28-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
If anyone would like to send a card or anything to Tyler here is his address, I have cleared it with his Father to post this, send to:
Kevin Killingsworth
8668 Millpond Place
Riverside, Ca 92508
c/o Tyler Killingsworth.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-29-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
I just got back from visiting Tyler. Man what a sad thing to happen to such a good kid. We are all just thankful to God that he is still with us. It could have gone the other way for sure. BUT, I am sure that if it were he that were posting and not me, he would tell you to put on that helmet that is gathering dust in your closet. This wouldn't have been such a big issue if he had had a helmet on.

Tyler, we love you and continue to keep you in our prayers. Rest up and get better!! hugs honey, robyn

Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-29-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
Tyler, your the man, get well soon. prayers go out to you.
Old    rockstarrob            09-29-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
Tyler, sorry I couldnt make it out there, i tried. At least you know that you got a lot of close friends out there thinkin' about you. Heel up quick so you can get back to throwin' down G.B. style... You will your tough.... late....
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-29-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
tyler, i'm SO sorry to hear about that. i WILL be praying for a speedy recovery for you.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-30-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
What a freak accident.
That's great news you came through surgery okay, Tyler. I've got some steel in my leg thanks to our sport and I still ride hard. You'll be back.
Stay strong bro.
Old    lil_butze            10-04-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
TK DUB
WHAT UP BRO WE HAVE BEEEN BROS SINCE DAY ONE, WE STARTED RIDIN TOGETHER BACK IN THE AIW DAYS. I KNOW YOU WILL RECOVER FAST, YOUR STRONG. DONT LET THIS ACCIDENT INTIMIDATE YOU YOUR GOING PLACES. MUCH LOVE BROTHER BUTZE
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-04-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
Tyler, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Get well soon:-)
Old    xtreme_marine            10-05-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
Tyler, I met you at the Spring Valley Tourney and come to find out that you are a very incouraging guy. I would like to give it back the same way. Nothing can stop you from doing what you dearm of. "Shoot for the moon and if you miss you'll still be amongst the stars!" Im praying for you. later. Chris Brard
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-06-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
Any updates on how Tyler is doing.
Old    lil_butze            10-07-2004, 12:05 AM Reply   
tyler is out of the hospital and is flying home to california on friday
Old    gw_mark            10-14-2004, 6:53 PM Reply   
So I guess this is the result of that accident?
That looks like it hurt alot!
Glad to see you are up and doing better.

http://wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=226&ImageID=100
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-14-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
OMG that looks horrible. and i thought the two times i cut my head open wakeboarding was bad with a combined total of about 15 staples. sheesh! good on ya boy.