Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-09-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
Hey guys. I have been having some problems with wakeboarding mag's subscriber services since my last subscription and I wanted to share them with all of you. I have been a subscriber to this mag since 1999. Last december I filled an offer to renew my subscription, like each year, and renewing at the same time a gift subscription to my brother who lives in a different city. I send everything to them and never heard from them again. I hadn't realized until last month that I hadn't received any mag since then. You know, I was busy snowboarding for a couple of months so wakeboarding is not the first thing that pops into my mind in the winter. When I did realized that, I checked on their website's subscriber services to see what was wrong. I learned that my brother's subscription was renewed no problem but not mine. I then wrote to their subscriber services to know why was that happening, hoping they would get this straight fast. A week went by and no answer. I then sended another email thinking that it was yet another mistake. Nothing. I was getting a little frustrated at that time. I then sended a message in the "Contact us" section of their site hoping for an answer. I did received a message from a lady from Bonnier Corp. asking what was wrong with my subscription. I explained again what happened filled with hope that they would understand what went wrong and fix it fast. It didn't happened this way. She told me they only received half the money and renewed only my brother's subscription. I sended only one money order for the whole renewal offer and I'm positive that it was covering for both renewal. Since I never had any problems with their subscriber services in almost 10 years, I haven't kept the money order receipt to prove they are wrong. Furthermore, there is no way to track the money order with Canadian postal service without the serial number which was on the receipt.
I was wondering if anybody had that much problems with them to date? I guess I'll be subscribing to Alliance now. I only hope they ship to Canada.
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-09-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
"I then sended another email" nice haha you canucks get me, sent bud
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-09-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
I've had the issue with wakeboardmag about change of address'. I EMAILED them in november to notify them a month ahead that i will be moved from the address in december. I CALLED them this monday (4-6-09) in regards to never receiving an issue since then. operator said they never received a notification of any kind. so i got screwed over. but the good thing was they offered/gave me 3 more months/mags of subscription for free due to inconvenience. so what i recommend is no letters, or emails. just call them. cuz then you get instant results with somebody having a computer in front of them as you talk; making the changes. no more waiting games for replies.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-09-2009, 4:28 PM Reply   
I'm french canadian... that's why my english sucks sometimes... sorry about that... I knew it, I just wrote that one too fast... I feel stupid now...

you think they'll care more if I call them?? I doubt it... I think I'm not comfortable enough in english to make my point over the phone... I won't react as quick/find the right words as you could...
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-09-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
I dont subscribe to any of the wake mags anymore. It used to be that subscribers got their mags sooner or AT LEAST at the same time as the shops and bookstores got them. About a year ago I started noticing that the shops and stores all had them several WEEKS before I did. Frustrating to say the least. Since I am trying to support the local shops anyways, I just get them there instead.

But in short I agree, it seems that the wake mags could really care less about their individual subscribers (except for the shortly lived "Standerd").
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-09-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
I had issues with WBM subscriptions where they would always tell me "This is your last issue!" Apparently it bothered my parents enough for them to subscribe me for 3 additonal years at one time.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-09-2009, 11:29 PM Reply   
laisse les faires les anglais...ils sont unilingue de toute façon et ils se permettent de rire de nos efforts pour parler dans leur langue...

peace.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-10-2009, 12:11 AM Reply   
I had problems with them too and dont subscribe anymore, I like Alliance a lot better now anyways. I had been subscribing to WBM for a couple years and when I came to college it stopped. After a while I started again and I got one free issue to start out with and within a few weeks i got notices saying that i HAD to pay for the one FREE issue i got. I was like what, why are they billing me for the one free issue when i was planning on sending them back the subscription thing that came with the mag. after a little time had passed i got mail from a collection agency for the $9 i owed them for the FREE issue i got. How stupid is that its $9, and if they wouldn't have made a big deal out of it they would still have my business. oh well now i switched to alliance.
Old     (mikegh)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-11-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
I like the mag, but I wish they would cut down on their little letters to renew the subscription. I know most magazines do this, but they seem to do it a lot. its annoying, please stop. and its wasteful, which (I hope) pisses off your subscribers. email it to me every day, i wouldnt care. quit it with the paper.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-11-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
I NEVER got my 2009 Board OR Boat Buyers Guide from WBM.(Not the first time I didn't receive an issue from them.) Pissed me off. I wanted to cancel my subscription, but I wasn't sure how good Alliance was.