Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-19-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
I'm stoked to get the snow season started, but they're begging right now. Their mountain cams are still showing a lot of dirt. They'll be blowing snow like crazy the next couple nights.

I've got my fingers crossed for the storm that's coming in this weekend to develop into something big.

Anyway, it's nice that the resorts are getting open for Thanksgiving. It's been a while.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       11-19-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
i remember like in 2005 or 06 they were showing the resorts just before thanksgiving and they had like a % ft base and a ton of fresh pow. It was blowin like crazy
ya northstar would be that last place i would go

this early on. They just dont get the snow other mtns do man.

The peaks have some good snow on them but not much of anything at the base. This weekend is supposed to be 1-3ft, at least thats what they say.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-19-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Man, I've heard numbers all over the map. Anywhere from 1-3" to 3'. I'm heading up tomorrow night if for nothing other than chillin' and watching it snow.

Sugar Bowl looks like it has a much better start than Northstar. They're holding off till next weekend to open. I can't wait till they get enough snow to ride the new summit chair. Should be sick.
Old    sperbet            11-19-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Squaw is opening too, very limited though. Every resort will be operating 1 or 2 chairs till we get some actual snow. Think we're gonna hike Rose on Saturday if you're interested Evan. Nothing like the first day of the year being a pow day...
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       11-19-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
watching it snow is fun.

Have fun on the hike scott that sounds dope.

looks like we have a house for the winter in south lake with squirrl and ohio. Im so stoked.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-19-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
Let me know Scotty.... I'm down.