Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (gotwake124)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-05-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
I've got almost all my basic inverts with frontside 180s and backside 180s and have tried crow mobes and am not getting close. What is considered to be the easiest first mobe to land?
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-05-2009, 8:26 PM Reply   
prob a crowmobe...just dial in the blind landing on a toe 3.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-05-2009, 8:30 PM Reply   
I will say Crowmobe too.... unless you're counting a whirly as a mobe (don't want to start a war.... so just let it go)

Just remember for the crowmobe its a short approach, you need to go straight up, straight down (unless you're dean smith) and keep the handle on your hip, not just tight, actually on your hip.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-05-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
If you can do scarecrows and toeside frontside 3's I'd say give the crowmobe a go. It requires no handle pass unlike most of the other mobes.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-05-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
What inverts do you have with BS 180's? KGB is really easy if you can do a roll to blind with the early handle pass. Moby dick is also another easy one. If you have tantrum to blind, a switch crow mobe is almost identical with the landing.
Old     (hammerhead)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-05-2009, 11:49 PM Reply   
It's all relevant.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-06-2009, 6:27 AM Reply   
Relevant or relative?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-06-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
Depends on your definition of a Mobe. I would say the easiest handle pass invert is a tootsie. But if oyu count a mobe as a invert plus a hadle pass 3, then a Crow Mobe. Like everyone said dial in the blind landing on a toe-3, and dial in your scare crow. Once your set just try and get a little more air on your scare crow and bring her to blind.
Old     (hammerhead)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-06-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
relative. I had a few in me last night.
Old     (gotwake124)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
Is the heelside mobius very difficult for most people to learn? I can do heelside roll to reverts super easy but that last 180 and handle pass look sketchy
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
+1 for heel mobes....thats going to be the death of me.

Pete's aren't too bad to get around if you've got a good TS Back 2 revert but the falls are god awful
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       04-07-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
I was gonna say the Pete Rose looks like it would be fairly easy if you had a solid TS BR (which I don't) ....
At the end of last season I had been working on a roll to blind and slipping out on my heels everytime. It seems people do the same thing with their pete's .... How do you correct this?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
helps me to take by back shoulder (I land wrapped) and roll it over, if that makes sense.

it helps me too if you draw a line from the bow that traces the wake all the way back to the shore, at that spot on the shore is where I try to spot when I land, landing and looking back to that shore totally stops my rotation and helps the landing just stick
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-07-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
I agree with Tim. I thought about trying the HS mobius this year. Is it that difficult and how are the wrecks?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-07-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
On back mobes the crashes are brutal until you figure out the rotation. The last 180 is blind so you can imagine what taking that edge is like, when you finally do start to get them around then you hook up your front edge. After you try a million of them you get the visual q's down on the rotation they get way better. Whatever you do dont think, roll to revert plus a 180, that will make you open up at 180 and slam hard.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
thats exactly what I was going to say ^^^...only make sure you two hand the roll-2-revert until you're almost like 270* too.... If you drop your hand early on roll-2-reverts I would go and practice two-handing them, the back of your head will thank you.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-07-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. The fall I really see happening to me that scares me is over-rotating and getting pitched out the front. That crash seems ruthless.

I think Kyle has some good tips in The Book about each FS 180 added to the backroll means you mean to not flip as hard or as far. That makes sense to me, but I'm still worried about the first couple of attempts!
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-07-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
KGB's
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-07-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
KGB's are a good starting point to get used to that type of rotation. Wrapped KGB's are a peice of Cake. Handle pass is a whole different beast. I learned them before I learned a roll to blind. You really gotta toss your head and your chest down and back, the key is to keep the rope in tight, if oyu let it out you will never get the handle pass.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       04-07-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Nick I am not 100% on what you are saying there??? I noticed that in trying a RtoB I over rotate the spin quite a bit and slide halfway to KGB with the handle still wrapped. How do you keep from over rotating your invert and spin? If I try to come off of the intensity I take a back digger. NOT FUN when casing the wake. ;)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
my last two posts - 1st was Pete Rose
2nd - Heel Mobe (front) NOT KGB
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-07-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
Gene -

Are you pssing or landing handle or laning blind on the roll to blind?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       04-07-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
Trying to land blind .... I have not actually tried one this year yet because of my ACL recon but will be building toward trying again within the next month.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-07-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
Gene - Are you riding one now? I thought I saw I missed a call from you last weekend.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       04-07-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
Yep I called. i am starting to get out and ride now. 4 times out now and the knee feels weak, but I am trying to get past the mental part quickly. stress test says I am at 80% but have that knee brace locked so tight I can barely move my leg... lol Just throwing a few 3's and a crow or two nothing in the danger realm yet. ;)