Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-04-2009, 10:46 PM Reply   
I have used the search feature and read some other threads, but I haven't heard to much about the 09 Recoil. I currently ride an 08 Response. I like it, but it charges to the flats so easily. I think I want a board that primarily is wake to wake, but still has the ability to charge to the flats when I want to. I am just curious how slow of a 3 stage the Recoil is. I want the explosive pop I have heard the Recoil has, but still want some speed in a board. I understand SS introduced the Reflex which probably fits the profile I just described, but I am still curious of the new Recoil. Also, what changes have been made that make the ride different from years past. From pictures it looks like the tip and tail shape was changed and the sidewall was changed up a bit. Thanks for the help!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2009, 6:15 AM Reply   
I saw one yesterday. It definately looks cooler than the older ones. Ive heard it rides better too. I would rank the old recoil shape as a medium speed board. You can go to the flats but you are gonna have to get on it.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-05-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
The 09 recoil is leaps and bounds better than the old ones. Worth the $$$
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-05-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
besides the rail change on all the boards that makes for smoother transitions and controll, the corners have been shaved on the 09 recoil to help set an edge faster i believe.

basically i have heard that both the recoil and pb floids were "perfected" this year.

other than that, i second what was said above. ohh...and the grapics include little windows into the core to show off the wood and foam sandwich
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-06-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
just bought the 09 recoil on sat...def a good buy...if your looking for wake to wake then you dont want the reflex...that was mainly built for riders in the cable parks and rails...the recoil gives you explosive pop off the wake and super soft landings
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
Hey do you really like the new PB floyds Mike? Do they have any heel lift in them? Ive never been a fan of single lace bindings but they look really cool
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-06-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
Ya I ride the 09 Pb Floyds with the reflex and get 0 heel lift the board is so responsive I highly suggest if you are going to buy a slingshot and like a no so stiff binding get them!

(Message edited by jdwake1 on April 06, 2009)
Old    Slingshot            04-06-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Actually Mike, the Reflex is really good behind the boat too. It’s a good in-between board from the Response and the Recoil. Its shaped more like a Response but it has a subtle 2.6 3 stage rocker. It’s going to feel slower than the Response, but faster than the Recoil. The edge to edge transition will be really smooth too. Its got more abrupt pop than the Response, but it won’t kick as hard as the Recoil. The tip and tail are soft which make it really fun on rails, and the 3 stage rocker will give you really good pop off the wake.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
I just got the 09 fins thanks to Kyle and went the the response fins and they are awesome! I had the 07s in the long base version. They fixed the issue with the stripping and for my style the response (shorter legnth fin) rides a lot better. Thanks Kyle for the good advice on that one!
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-06-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
oh...do you ride the reflex kyle? I was very interested in getting it but i was not able to get the opportunity to ride it first so that turned me away...last year i rode with robby jaques from slingshot and he was still riding the prototype and he loved it...but its ok i love the recoil and the PB Floyds. And Kevin yes i love them, they are prob the most comfortable bindings on the market, i still have to heat mold them...the only downside to the 09's is the one lace...not sure if i like it yet because it is def harder to get a tight lace in but im sure i will get used it...not to mention less strings to break
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-06-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
I got the chance to ride the recoil last year at a demo and it was honestly the most fun i have ever had on the water... It poped great, speed was not Scary fast but faster IMO to the watson which i ride currently... I also loved how you can butter on the board it was the best thing till this day i have wanted one
Old    Slingshot            04-06-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
Yeah, the prototype was different from the final board. Its a pretty sick ride! The Recoil is a rad wakeboard too. I personally am a Response guy, but I really like the 09 recoil too. It feels smoother in the water then the previous models im my oppinion. Transitions better from edge to edge. Recoil and PB Floyds...can't complain about that sick setup! try this...when you are pulling the laces tight, lean forward, then pull the lace. Keep it pulled tight as you stand back up straight. I ride the 09 Floyds and that seems to be the trick. Well I'm outta here. Time to leave work and go wakeboard!
Old     (hpdixon6)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-06-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
anyone ridden the 09 Company Severance and the 09 slingshot Recoil?....i have the company and have ridden a 2008 recoil......but i was wonderin how the 2009 recoil and severance pair up??? or are they just too similar??
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-06-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
What are the Slingshot fins made out of? On my Recruit I have to longer base fins on each tip and one shorter one in the middle. Are they the same as the Co. fins?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-06-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
the '09 Slingshot fins are made of g-10 material like the rainbow fins. the screws for them are slightly larger in diameter so the fin holes would have to be widened just a tad with a drill on pre-2009 boards

as for Company's fins... i can only guess they are the same as slingshot, but not sure
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-06-2009, 10:08 PM Reply   
ohh and this is good to check out. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/656951.html

its a nice play by play description of many of the improvements and changes for '09 that i got earlier this year, thanks to a couple of e-mails to slingshot for all our benefit