Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    rnowacki            07-27-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
Friend of mine just had her boat stolen off her dock in Discovery Bay, CA. Hot wired the boat and drove it out to a hidden spot where they stripped the entire boat, tower, speakers, stereo, seats, life vests, etc. Criminal!!!!

I installed a motion sensor on my dock and was looking for other gear when I found this cable lock with an alarm built in www.lakesidellc.com. Pretty cool and I can reuse it when I take the boat to Tahoe or Shasta to lock down my tower speakers. $20 is cheap insurance!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
It's happening all the time in DB this year. Pretty easy and lucrative if you think about it.
Old    rnowacki            07-27-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
So I hear. I've been too trusting out here lately. Figure anything I can do to make it a little more difficult for my stuff maybe they'll move on to someone else. Thought about a 'the club' too or a shotgun never hurts ;-)

(Message edited by rnowacki on July 27, 2006)
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       07-27-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Friend of mine years ago had his bike stolen a few days after he got it. Suzuki Katana....he was less than pleased. When insurance got him a new one he installed an alarm system that had a silent pager option. Would basically send him a page if someone messed with his bike. I like that option for a boat. That way I can sneak up on the scum-bag and introduce him to my Austrian friend, Glock!
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
www.marinetrac.co.uk could be very useful to you.
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
have not heard of this at shasta lake as of yet, but i try and kep an eye on my shiznit anyway.
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-27-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
when ive been leaving my boat at dock ... ive been thowing a club on the wheel... figure it will be a big enough PITA that they will move on to another
Old     (jwebster)      Join Date: May 2006       07-27-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
heres my alarm Upload
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       07-27-2006, 9:58 PM Reply   
I too live in redding. I had all four wheels and tires stolen off my trailer when I left it at Baily Cove while camping on the water. Maiden voyage of our boat too. Basterds took my lug nuts and through them in the lake. Heads up if leaving your rig at Shasta over night, Launch at Bridge Bay, they have security. or keep your rig close it. happens a bunch
JJ
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-27-2006, 11:54 PM Reply   
ill tell you what last weekend in disco bay we caught some dude reaching in the window of a car in our front yard while we were inside. (keep in mind we had about 5000 worth of stereo stolen about a month ago from the same driveway) so my one friend wanted to talk it out with him "what are you doing yadaddada" i take him by the coller and drag him down the driveway when i notice he had 2 lookouts on either side of the driveway (large driveway) they also had a car parked behind some bushes facing the wrong way. missed the license plate but ill tell you it was some white youths 18-24 skinny long dark hair ( i know that describes half the youth out there sorry) they were also driving an older dark in color toyota 4runner with some broken out windows and a couple of larger dents on the sides..... when we caught the one kid he tried to babble about being from sanfranciso and working at alidinos (the pizza place) or some nonsense like that. i know there from around disco cuz ive seen the toyota around so keep your eyes out.

mike

p.s i apologize for the run on sentences i just wanted to get all the info out i could before i go to bed.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Beat him down bad and let his so he can tell his friends what's coming to them if they get caught. Nothing will teach a lesson like a good beat down. I bet they'd think twice next time.
Old    jrb04x9            07-28-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
We stayed at Shasta Lake RV Resort July 15-21 and the security guard said that Antlers got hit four nights in a row that same week, mostly wakeboards and skis. No problems where we were at, and we just put our boards on the floor of the boat overnight in the secured dock.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Mike-
I'm with Evan. I sure hope you left a lasting impression on his melon. Zero tolerance for such scum bags.
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-28-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
well the dents and broken windows on the car were a going away gift we had for them. the beatdown did happen that time but if it happens again i bet something along those lines could be in their future
Old     (kristin_ware)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-28-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
Its pretty sad that people take stuff that we work hard for, cant leave your boat anywhere. Luckily ours stays in the garage and we have to vicious looking Boxers.
Old     (kristin_ware)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-28-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
What would happen if you came up on someone trying to take stuff out of your boat or the whole thing if you took it in your own hands? Like if someone broke into your house do the same laws/rules apply?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
I'd be carefull just working someone over for a property crime. Your best bet would be to tackle'm and tell them, "I place you under citizen's arrest"

Now when they resist you can lawfully use "reasonable" force to arrest the person, which may or may not include an ass whopping.

The sad thing is it's kids that live in our area, and the crap is gonna continue untill they are arrested.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
If I caught somebody doing that, I would not be able to manage a rational thought like that.....beat down first, place blunt object in perp's now non-functioning hand, then claim self defense.
Old     (kristin_ware)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-28-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
That is so true. But the ass whooping would definitely have to happen, after the citizen arrest of course. They should get more jail time instead of a slap on the wrist like what usually happens.
Old    swass            07-28-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Just tell the officer that he hit his head on your fist. Repeatedly. I'm sure he'll understand.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'd be soo pissed that it'd be tough to think through my actions first. I get really worked up over someone stealing something from someone that worked hard for what they have.

Just this week my boss had his racecar trailer broken into at our shop. He'd just bought the car and run it for the second time. He left it at the shop from 3:30 on Sunday afternoon and found it broken into by Monday morning. The thieves took everything from his tools to his helmet, spare wheels, and neck restraint device. They even stole the quick release steering wheel off the car. It just pissed me off. I felt really bad for my boss who had just gotten all his gear together. He was stoked like a kid at christmas and this totally ruined it for him. I hope the perps rot in hell. He's just lucky that where the trailer was parked the car couldn't be unloaded or they probably would have stolen that too.

Beat them down, ask questions later.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
I tend to be a little conservative when it comes to beat downs.

If everyone had the opinions that you guys had, police work would be real easy, and crime would drop big time.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
I like what they do in india. If you steal something they cut your hand off. I guess you've really only got 2 chances before better get really good at holding onto things with your toes.

ha, ha, sorry..... Had to go there.
Old     (kristin_ware)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-28-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
Thats right an eye for an eye. Or a hand in their case.
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-28-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
Right in the middle of the day someone stole this guy car I work with. IN the matter of 5 mins. The car was gone.