Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Alleykat)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-21-2013, 7:32 PM Reply   
Boat show season is here and we have contemplating a new ,larger boat more dedicated to producing a solid surf wave.

We have rounded our decisions down two three candidates.
  1. 1. 2013 Centurion 244 enzo
  2. 2. 2013 Tige Z3 w convex vx plate
  3. 3. 2012 Malibu 247 LSV

As far as the Centurion goes, I love the look of the boat, like the tower height and interior room. The dash is not my favorite and some of the interior finishing just seems lacking in comparison to the others. No local dealer has one to even see or water test.

I like the interior and helm area of the Tige and the overall depth of the boat. Not overly exited about the look of the boat,very angular and blocky. And the Tige has the Smallest floor space of all of the boats in the same class. Dealer has a Z3' , but no convex vx and no idea when they will see one.

Malibu 247. This is a stock boat that is very well equipped, but no surf gate. I love the interior quality, overall look of the boat , but its not really my colors.

So, the Malibu is really the only one I have access to possibly demo. It's a little cold here now to go out and surf them all also.

Pricing among all of them is pretty close with the Tige being the most expensive at this point.

I am not opposed to weighting any the the boats as long as bags are not all over the seats. Enzo comes fairly well stocked with ballast. Can the 247 produce as good a wave as the 244 everyone raves about? Not having any time behind the Enzo I have nothing to compare to .

I imagine the Malibu will handle the best, but are the differences subtle or substantial?

Anyone with experience driving or riding these boats your opinion would be appreciated. Please don't interject other brands, I am not considering any others.