Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    jetgofish            02-17-2004, 10:43 PM Reply   
Any one know where I might get my hands on a new one or one in excellent condition? Currently I have a call into the factory with no word yet.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2004, 5:56 AM Reply   
If you don't mind me asking, why? Is it just for price, or do you really like the 2003 shape (which I believe is called the freedom this year)?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-18-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
Good luck Teri! Those boards are keepers.

Old    jetgofish            02-18-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
Kristian - I love the ride of the board, nothing to do with price (though should I find one it will be a great value). Personally I don't want a 141 and I like the graphic better than the 04.

This year's model of last years Absolute is the Pure, same exact board minus the graphics, however I don't want an all white board (they tend to yellow) and I don't like the idea of painting my own graphics on (looks ghetto to me). So I hunt for the 03, which I don't think I will find Factory has informed me that this was the most popular board last year and they don't even have demo's left!!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
The Pure is the 2002 Absolute, with the cont' rocker.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-18-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
Hey Teri, The Pure may be the same base, but Kristian is right. The Freedom IS the 03 Absolute with different graphics. You may have another option.
Old    jetgofish            02-18-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
That's not what the factory rep told me! WTF

Problem now is I want to test drive before I buy, but I got a wounded knee and can't do it!! Bling bling...guess I'll call the rep back and ask him WTF....
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
The 2004 Freedom is the 2003 Absolute 134, and the 2004 Flame is the 2003 absolute 140. Same exact mold. The Flame graphics are pretty cool too.
Old    jetgofish            02-18-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
I'm on the website now and your right every things says "Straight from the Absolute Molds" I'll look at the Flame and see what I think!!! Thanks guys!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-18-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Teri, you're welcome to ride mine when your knee is ready for it. I've got the 03 Platinum 140. I'm in Castro Valley. Lemme know.
Old    jetgofish            02-18-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
J-Rod/Kristian thanks...I'm digging the Flame, if it's the same thing I'll be going ahead with my purchase. Check that out, I need to find a participating dealer now and I can knock $100 bucks off. When I'm back on the water with my new board and my new CWB bindings (can't decided over the Zuess's or the Boss's) I'll be tearin in up...J-Rod, doct said June for the ACL!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-18-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Skiworld in Pleasanton/Castro Valley has CWBs. They gave me the spring sale price at this time last year. Good luck with that knee.
Old    chukee_r            02-18-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
I just sold mine. I wanted something smaller and ended up getting the '04 134 Plat Absolute.
Old    jetgofish            02-18-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
I got the entire set up on order the '04 Flame with Boss bindings, she will be at the door step next week...HAPPY BITHDAY TO ME>>>>

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-18-2004, 1:45 PM Reply   
Nice!! Congrats. That board is sooo sweet.
Old    jetgofish            02-18-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
J-Rod,

Thanks ... it's going to get an easy going test drive once it comes in, but then will probably be a trophy on the wall for a few weeks (I hope) then it will get used all da time...I'm retiring the Double Up Wright 136 and Hyperlite Essence bindings, this will be the board I let other use...I also have a '03 Premier 140 that has a ton of character that I may bounce to every now and again...I'm sooooooooooo stoked!!! Again Happy Birthday to me!! Happy Birthday to me!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
You're stoked. Once again ww.com comes through with the sound advice. Enjoy the new ride. Can I just ask why you went with last years shape? Also do you like the flexibility of the Boss' more?
Old    jetgofish            02-18-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
Stephen ww.com and all its supporters have helped me find the ride I am looking for. I really like the shape of last years board over this years (graphics also). I like the floaty feeling of the board and how it handles on the water. I compared the Absolute to the Premier and when jumping I felt as though I had a lead weight on my feet with the Premier. While trying inverts with the Premier I also felt as though I was tossing around extra weight, where as with the Absolute it felt like a feather. The edge control with the Absolute was way better than with the Premier. The board is sticky but not as sticky as the Parks, yet not as loose as the Premier. I love the fact that it's a fast board and I have the ability to slow it down, where as with the Premier it felt like an all around slow board. I didn't have the chance to ride the 04 Absolute before I blew out my ACL, but personally I didn't want to go over 140 (even though it's only a cm).

As for the Boss bindings. I have been unable to ride them (because the knee). When speaking with several different people (who have rode both Zuess and Boss) they suggested the Boss's. Their opinion is that the Zuess are great bindings, however the felt they were a little over rated and priced. In comparison, the two bindings are very similar, when trying the two on at the dealers I notices the Zuess's are a little wider for my narrow girly foot where the Boss's offered a narrow foot bed and better lace control.

Thanks again for all you help guys I can't wait to get a little test drive in on the new set up next weekend!

(Message edited by jetgofish on February 18, 2004)
Old    buttacup            02-18-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
I'll be more than happy to test that setup for you if you're still in rehab next time I'm out there I'm still getting used to my new board, still haven't broken it in yet

Since I won't be on here Sat, HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-18-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
\b(kristian coltman } - I know that the 04 pure is the same mold as the 02 Absolute... BUT...

on the ww.com boards area, it says that the 04 Pure is a 3stage and the 02 Absolute is a continuous rocker. What's up with that? Which one is it?}}
Old    jetgofish            02-18-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
David, Actually the FLAME is the same exact mold as the 03 Absolute 140, only difference is the graphics. The Freedom is the same as the 03 Absolute 134. The Pure is the same mold as the 02 Absolute (exactly stated from the CWB website) can't help you on the rocker it didn't say, my guess is if it's the same mold it's a continuous!!!

Butta .. you aint riding my board!!! Bottom line no no no no, not before I do!!! Besides with my cute little feet you can't fit in the binding!!! TA HA HA LMAO
Old    wegotbikes            02-18-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
I just bought an 03 Absolute for $230. If interested contact Joe at www.waketowake.com Tell him Andre sent you and he'll hook you up.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
Tparider, Teri's right its cont' rocker. Every year, Zanes molds are given a new name.
Lynsey, you're such a mooch (you make so me proud).
Teri, Good luck with the knee!

Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-19-2004, 8:11 PM Reply   
flying frenchman
glad to see joe took care of you! I was kinda nervous pushing a shop I didn't know, but he seems like a good fella to do business with. If I hadn't bought my '03 plat absolute, I'd have done business with him. laters
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-20-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
Hey FF do you mean www.wake2wake.com the waketowake.com is a broken link............at least it didnt work for me??

(Message edited by bill on February 20, 2004)
Old    wakeair            02-20-2004, 3:41 PM Reply   
Actually, the boards aren't EXACLTY the same......the rockers are different, not in type, but in amount.
'04 Freedom (134)- 2.25" of rocker
Vs.
'03 Absolute 134- 2.7" of rocker

'04 Flame (140)- 2.45" rocker
VS.
'03 Absolute 140- 2.9" of rocker

Same molds as '03 absolute, same type of rocker, diff. amount, same other dimensions.
BTW, the '04 pure does not have a continous rocker, it has a 3 stage.

(Message edited by Wakeair on February 20, 2004)
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-20-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
Chris D - are you sure about the rocker on the Pure? I want to make sure I know what I'm riding!!!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-20-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
David just check the link at the top of every page marked Favorites>>> it has links for bindings boards etcc which has info on just about every board made ..so as far as specs ,pics and some general info on the boards your interested in they will have it...

Old    wegotbikes            02-20-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
I'm sorry, I gave the wrong link. It is www.wake-to-wake.com
Old     (derrick_lenz)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-21-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
if you hit sliders stay away from cwb. worst quality i've ever seen. my friend rides for them and he probably went through 10-12 boards this summer. all absolute 140s.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-21-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
What a great post Derrick.

I have two freinds that ride for Hyperlite, and one for LF. All of them go through boards weekly cause they're used on sliders.
Wakeboards are not sturdy compared to Snowboards at all. Origin boards held up the best I've seen, other than that, it's a crapshoot.

To come on and say the worst quality you've ever seen makes you sound like an idiot. All wakeboards suck in terms of longevity.
Old    wakeair            02-22-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
David- Yeah I'm pretty positive it's a three stage. Wake Boarding mag. specifies it as a three-stage and so does wakeworld's buyers guide
http://www.wakeworld.com/BoardGuide/getboard5.asp?ProductID=2105
If you want you could just e-mail CWB and ask them.

(Message edited by Wakeair on February 22, 2004)