Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-06-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
Looking for something similar to Limewire. Doesn't need to be free, just need something that will work similar to Limewire. Any suggestions?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
Here is what I've done and it works great:

Imesh - its like $8.00 a month - unlimited downloads, but the catch is that it is all drm protected - so if you quite paying/don't sync you lose it all and it cannot be burned..... but there is a way around it.

Get a little program called "Tunebite" -- I've found it on torrent sites (free) - don't know who much it is to actually buy it
This program does what holding a microphone to a speaker playing a song you like on the radio - just sort of records the version you can't have/is DRM protected.

So you'll download lets say 200 of songs - take those 200 and open them in tunebite, select your format to record them to ACC/MP3/WMA/Etc etc - the program will then play your songs and digitally re-record the song to your computer - ( my computer allows me to do 5 at a time @ 3x speed ) .... when it is done you'll have to copies of each song:
1. DRM protected from Imesh
2. DRM-Free completely yours to do what you want with it

The best part is that you're "paying" for a simple download and listen service (artist still get some $$$) but have the freedom of use like downloading the music illegally

Worth a shot for a month to see if you like it.

**I'm sure Rhapsody/whatever other companies that have subscription music programgs work just the same.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2011, 3:35 PM Reply   
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-06-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
Seems like a lot of work Nick

I get most of my music for free from beezo HERE

It's all mixes that DJ's upload. There's all different kinds of mixes. You can go to browse, click the DJ tab, select genre, and sort through that way....took me awhile to figure that out. The only thing is the mixes are one long track, but there's a ton of programs you can download for free to cut it up into tracks. You can listen to the mixes before downloading them too...

This is a fun 80's mix http://www.beezo.net/djs/ejluera/
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-06-2011, 6:06 PM Reply   
Funny, Nick. I went to imesh and liked what I saw, but had some reservations only because it seemed to be so inexpensive. I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the info.

Beezo looks interesting too. Thanks.
Old    alanp            03-06-2011, 7:31 PM Reply   
thanks nick!! just signed up.
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       03-07-2011, 6:40 AM Reply   
The easiest thing to do is just use mediafire. Just search the song name and artist in google write mediafire at the end and click on the link and then download. Its super simple and very quick. You can also get entire albums you just search the name and .zip
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
^^ problem with mediafire is viruses and malware imbedded in some downloads
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       03-07-2011, 8:13 AM Reply   
I've been pretty happy with frostwire.com No viruses or crap sound quality music so far.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-07-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
You mean you guys steal music? Wow I am so dissapointed in you all..... Kid Rock would kick your butt if he saw this...
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       03-07-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
iTunes? :P

Please do not steal music!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-07-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
I use mp3million.com. songs are 10 cents albums about 99 cents. If you put $50 in they give you usually about $100. I've had over $100 on there forever.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-07-2011, 2:47 PM Reply   
I know many artists are against itunes, but at least they get paid something and get substantial opportunity. Like Noonan said, it just affects the artists in the end. Although I have been known to download a few songs in my life, if I find an album worthy, I go buy it. Since today's rap is crap, that does not happen very often. I had 3-4 copies of Depswa's 1st album floating around and the latest. I figure if an artist can put out an album I'll continue to listen too, than it is more than worth my $10. However for the one hit wonder's it almost serve's them right. At least I only have to buy that one hit.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-07-2011, 2:49 PM Reply   
As a side note I have seen my Delta Sessions movies and others on the bit torrent and other sites, and I email the owners of the site and kindly ask them to remove them as I did not authorize. Most of the time they will, but of course I am not a super famous musician that everybody wants my music or something.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2011, 2:53 PM Reply   
http://www.goodmusicallday.com/
http://www.hypefloats.com/
http://hypem.com/#!/

three blogs...download what you like...all free