Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
went into my local audio shop here in oklahoma to order some new syn4 amps for my rev10s and they told me to wait, they were coming out with some newer style amps. has anyone else heard this?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
What shop?
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
boomers audio, tulsa oklahoma
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
they said the amps were going to be some what smaller and alot more clear. i dont know if the guy really knew what he was talking about, theres not alot of wetsounds dealers around here, or i havent found them. so i dont have anything to compare his story to
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-15-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
that is the rumor. I believe WS is trying to release the following this Spring

new amps
Rev 410
WS 808 (8" in boat speakers)
new sub (XXX is being discontinued)
lower end (ie cheaper) speaker line

Last edited by lakesurfer; 02-15-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-15-2012, 1:01 PM Reply   
Robby,

The dealer mis understood what the new amps are. We do have a new line coming called the Hydro-tech Series or HT series for short. These are a lower priced point line for us. They are small and pack a lot of power but are not a replacement for the SYN amps. They are a new series. So if you have a set of REV 10's and can swing the SYN-4, that amp is the perfect match.

As for the rumors. I cannot confirm nor deny! LOL

I will have press releases and pictures when we get a little closer.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
thanks tim. i currently have 2 sets of rev 10s on my x80 and they are powered by 2 jl 600/4 marine hd amps bridged. i know your syn4s put out a little more power than my jls do. what im getting at is will the syn4s be noticably louder on my rev10s. i dont care about the money aspect of it. just the loudness. if the syn4s are going to be louder than i sold on them. ill use the jls on something else. im curently gutting my whole system and starting from scratch.
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       02-15-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
x80? did Lon change screen names?

j/k good luck with the new stereo, you can't go wrong with Wetsounds
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       02-15-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
also are you towing that thing with a hummer?

does anyone have a link to that thread? i really can't remember much about it but it was one of my all time favorites
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
lol yes im a x80 owner. its the party rig. and yea i tow it with my h2. it only took a magnacharger with a 10lb pully , ported and polished heads, long tube headers a new fuel system, ron davis radiator and a millions hours of tuning.
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       02-15-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
saw your post in the boat party thread, count me in!
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
lol!!! summer cant get here fast enough!!!
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-15-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
The JL is a nice amp. Bridged it is 300x2. The SYN-4 is 400x2. Going to a bit more power will give you a bit more headroom. More headroom gives you the ability to not have the amp working so hard so winds up with more clarity. But the 300 watts you have right now is great power. I dont think you are going to be night and day louder. But you would get a bit more output with the SYN-4, so if budget is not an issue and you have the ability to use the current ones elsewhere, you will love the way the REV 10's perform on the SYN-4. I designed them and voiced them using the SYN-4 bridged.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
from the man himself!!! thanks tim. enough said im sold
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-16-2012, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetsounds1 View Post
Robby,

The dealer mis understood what the new amps are. We do have a new line coming called the Hydro-tech Series or HT series for short. These are a lower priced point line for us. They are small and pack a lot of power but are not a replacement for the SYN amps. They are a new series. So if you have a set of REV 10's and can swing the SYN-4, that amp is the perfect match.

As for the rumors. I cannot confirm nor deny! LOL

I will have press releases and pictures when we get a little closer.

Tim
Wet Sounds

That closer better be soon I am about to yank out the 2 RF 600.4 amps from the boat and transfer to the new truck.. I am going to need some Rev410s and Syn 4s before the summer.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       02-18-2012, 2:19 PM Reply   
Tim, can you tell us the power output ranges of these new amps or at least what your hoping to put out with them? Also when can we expect a full announcement of this years products?